5.0 Teasers!

Looking Good. Been gone for some time here. Man new features look great. Congrats to all who have been working on the new release. Can't wait to play with it. O' darn this means I will need to make a new install DVD with the new WPI. (LOL) Can't wait to have fun with this one. Also the Last screen shot you posted, the one with the audio player controls look great also. Well see you on June 1st. Catch ya later.

Wow, I feel like I'm just waking up from a loooong nap. Summer is almost here. This looks great, K-, gotta make me a theme for this and get in the game--I'm still using my old version (2.x or something like that!). :hello:

Just so you know, all older theme version WILL NOT be compatible with v5.0. There have been so many updates that it was impossible to maintain backward compatability. Sorry about that......but change is good for the whole.

This Version is weighing in a @300 kb and there is no longer an Audio.exe or CloseAudio.exe (NO MORE FALSE VIRUS REPORTS) nearly everything extra has been stripped out and the manual will not be included again until the release of 5.0 final or 5.1 because I need to get all of the bugs worked out and completely rewrite the manual. There will be however a quick-start guide for necessary changes and updates. Your current config files will be used with the minor change of using the variable of %wpipath% instead of %cdrom% or %cdrom%\wpi. There is no longer a wpi.cmd file and when you run wpi.hta it will look for win51, wpi.hta or 1386\drivers.cab (This should cover all possible configurations). Built in is a section for running needed commands before and after the installation process.

Because of the complete integration of the audio player and the removal of all of the extras a WPI lite version will no longer be released. All you have to do is simply disable the audio in the options wizard and delete the audio folder. WPI has been tested with IE7 and works fine.

I will consider cleaning up the current version of WPI lite and keeping it as a "WPI Classic" for all of the diehard fans but there needs to be an actual demand for it before I consider it.

I am creating a quick-start package that will prepare your windows disk for the full WPI experience including the installation and activation of the Royale theme so even the window border will be nicely skinned during the runonceex process. How ever this necessitate the need for a winnt.sif file. As for all of the other methods of using WPI they all should work fine...

There are a good Dozen or so new features and now you can actually search for the files and regentries you need to configure to further simplify the process. Also mritter has rewritten the config process so it loads extremely faster.

KTool is not going to be used as was previously discussed because a much better installer was coded into WPI by mritter. The installer window contains the ability to notify you of each entries success or failure and for those multiple commands entries it will even notify you if part of the entry fails. It is fully skinnable and contains the Audio player built into the bottom of it when audio is enabled.

Reschanger and Fontinstaller is now included in the options menu and can be enabled\disabled through there.

Now that my aimless rambling is done (Very tired as I write this) :P I will let you all go with the above information to chew on as you wait for the new release...

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

You will still have to use cdswitch if you want to use multable cd's.

I think that's a good so, because this tool is very stable and works fine.

But is it possible that you will release a new background image for cdswitch with wpi5-style?

regards

t-o-m-m-y