[How To] Multi-boot DVD Guide

• 3 weeks later...

hey can any body help me in creating mutiboot dvd of windows 7 and xp...i tried a lot,couldnt do anything...i need perfect working tutorial

I'm currently gathering information to update the guide. One feature I recently decided to include is USB drive support. Like it? :)

hey can any body help me in creating mutiboot dvd of windows 7 and xp...i tried a lot,couldnt do anything...i need perfect working tutorial

I'm currently gathering information to update the guide. One feature I recently decided to include is USB drive support. Like it? :)

I like it a lot --- I used the version of this guide pre XPSP3 with great success --- and USB (> 4.7GB) support would be a godsend. I have an old BartPE XPe USB working, but have never been able to install a new OS from the XPe environment. Granted, in that realm, I had to format it to FAT in order to get everything working, but that goes back to 2007 or so.

PM me if there's anything you want help w/ or want me to test.

• 1 month later...

Man the guide is sooo confusing and the text is small? why make the fontsize that small ?

Can the guide be more clear ? explain more?

Or am i to stupid... as usual!

Edited by grabben

Man the guide is sooo confusing and the text is small? why make the fontsize that small ?

Hei grabben it's normal that you feel its confusing at first, specially if you are new at this.

I sugest you read it all once or twice (complete timeline explanation at the end) and once you understand it, start working on it.

This guide has many small steps and if you make a mistake in one, everything's screwed up. The text is small due to a forum update and I kinda liked it. Keeps things in perspective and reduces the changes of you skipping a step.

I'm trying to get the next guide update as small as possible, but I think I'm gonna need to program some stuff myself to cut some steps down. Windows Vista is tricky as hell :(

Hei grabben it's normal that you feel its confusing at first, specially if you are new at this.

I sugest you read it all once or twice (complete timeline explanation at the end) and once you understand it, start working on it.

This guide has many small steps and if you make a mistake in one, everything's screwed up. The text is small due to a forum update and I kinda liked it. Keeps things in perspective and reduces the changes of you skipping a step.

I'm trying to get the next guide update as small as possible, but I think I'm gonna need to program some stuff myself to cut some steps down. Windows Vista is tricky as hell :(

Thanks Andregcasal for reply.

Yea well i read a few times.. i just lack motivation/whatever you want to call it for doing things like this but im trying to :)

Ive read the guide few times but still seems like a mess to me but one more time.

Vista? Hm what updates can we be expecting?

Well, I'm trying to add Windows Vista and Windows 7 into this guide, but that would completely change the way the DVD is booted and would take alot of steps to do it.

So I'm trying to figure out a way to make things simple. And I'm trying to cut ALOT of steps down without taking adaptability out.

It's to be expected a easy-to-follow version of a Multi-boot Guide with 98, XP, Vista, 7, Linux and Mac OS (not sure yet) compatibility with unnattended, streamlined software, driver packs and USB pen drive support.

And some minor things I forgot to mention :)

• 1 month later...

cool staff, thanks for sharing . but how do you copy a dvd to another dvd? dvd copy tool ,any suggestions?

Simple:

- Make an image of the original DVD

- Copy that image to another DVD

You find tones of programs to do that on the internet. Althougth this is not the place to ask questions like that...

• 1 month later...