[How To] Multi-boot DVD Guide

<snip>

I'm trying to make a Universal [XP Home] OEM DVD w/ a standard and unattended install, using OEMSCAN. Does anyone know (from a successful project) if OEMSCAN will work w/ Andre's/Flyakite's multi-Windows boot scheme ? I wouldn't even bother asking, but I no longer have access to enuf PCs needing a bare-metal install (tomorrow, I have just one in my shop and no more in the pipeline) with which I can test my new discs. I can't even hold onto that one laptop beyond tomorrow, so I hope this works.

If you have any 1st-hand success stories or if you know it simply won't work, feel free to comment. TIA....Jet

<snip>

For the record, I still haven't cracked this nut. I've made some progress, exc for the aforementioned problem where I have so few opportunities to try this idea (only a half dozen attempts, since my orig post.) But I do have a couple discs, using this topic's multiboot scheme, combined w/ my SuperDisc menu ideas, and some external help. So, we're getting close....

@jetman

OEMScan does work fine at Flyakite's multi boot scheme.

$OEM$\cmdlines.txt

[COMMANDS]
OEMSCAN.cmd

OEMSCAN.cmd

OEMScan\OEMScan.exe >> %SystemRoot%\Temp\OEMScan.log

Use directory $OEM$\OEMSCAN\

that's $OEM$\OEMSCAN\OEMSCAN.EXE and $OEM$\OEMSCAN\OEMSCAN.INI

@jetman

OEMScan does work fine at Flyakite's multi boot scheme.

<snip>

@cdob

Thanx for the feedback, it's good to have it confirmed that I haven't been wasting my time. I've mastered the bit from your message, but am stallled w/ (I think) the final issue, where [GUI] SETUP says it doesn't recognize the key. I could kick myself for not writing out the message :wacko:. Anyway, after supplying the user's COA key, the rest of the unattended install completes as expected. A little more detective work and this should be over....Jet

Hi,

how can i integrate Acronis TrueImage, BartPE and UBCD?

Is this possible?

Many thanks for your help!!! Well Tutorial!!!

1. SuperDisc is one way to create a true multi-boot disc, w/ many different images and applications. This topic is more for people who want to create a disc w/ multiple versions of Windows, both normal and unattended configs.
  2. ATI has a BartPE plugin and the SuperDisc topic has some info about adding BartPE. There used to be a bootable CD, which could be integrated (w/ some experimentation and work) into a SuperDisc/ISOLINUX menu.
  3. UBCD can't swallowed en-masse, but you can take out individual programs and add them one-by-one to an ISOLINUX menu as in SuperDisc menu.

HTH....Jet

I am trying to create a Multi-boot DVD using this guide. I am calling install.cmd from SVCPACK.INF

AVG Free installer comes up with error "AVG Free does not support this version of Windows" as it thinks Windows XP SP3 is older than 2k3 sp4

NERO 8 warns for another reboot operation is being asked eventhough I am trying to install it first

Office 2003 would roll back install at some point

All three would just install fine once the OS installed

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

I have several CDs/DVDs, each of which contain different disk images & each of which are bootable. I also have a couple of diagnostics CDs, each of which are bootable, but one uses a DOS boot environment & the other uses Linux & FreeDos.

I have successfully created a multiboot CD for all the images using DOS (ie not the 2nd Diagnostics disk) using MagicISO, extracting the boot sector for each CD & copying the content from each CD into a separate folder, modifying the AUTOEXEC.BAT file in each Boot Image accordingly. However, this won't work for the lDiagnostics Cd that uses a Linux boot (it's the ****itsu-Siemens diagnosticss disk).

What I would really like to do woulf be to create an image (say an .iso or a .img) of each CD, & then have some sort of bootable DVD that could have a menu on the front which would then 'mount' the appropriate image & run it. Is this possible? Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the guide - I have a quick question:

I'm trying to create a multiboot DVD that only boots various floppy disks that I have (in .img and .ima format) and don't want any OS's on there). I've followed most of the guide but when I do a test I get the 'NTLDR is Missing' error.

Any ideas on what would need to be changed since I don't have any XP or other OS stuff in my CD folder?

Thanks in advance

NVM - i fixed it - was using a boot image that came with CDImage instead of the one the came with CDShell

Edited by Ryan_R

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Understanding The Boot Process

- CD Shell lets you choose which XXXX.DAT boot sector to access (located on the DVD root)

But what makes the DVD boot from CD Shell? Is it just the loader.bin in /BOOT that causes this or is it something else?