hard choice

I have allready bought NOD32 then Kaspersky came out of beta

:thumbup Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal 6.0.0.300

:thumbup Eset NOD 32 AntiVirus System 2.51.26

Think NOD32 is still 100%

Amendment

Which one is best :)

Edited by EaglePC

When posting questions to a professional forum or newsgroup it is vital to format the question and it's content in a proper way in order to greatly increase the possibility for quickly receiving a good answer, and thus saving you time and frustration.

You question has been answered a hundred times. Please use a the "MSFN" search fearure to make sure you are not double posting.

Reported

READ!

Also see Forum Rules

but as for your question, they are probably both a safe bet!

Edited by WolfX2

it's always come down to these 2 antivirus for me too.

i've used both for a really long time.

unfortunately, the newer NOD32 builds have been slightly unreliable for me lately.

kaspersky 6 on the other hand has been rock solid for me. very very reliable. i would have released the final a while back ;)

i think their speed & accuracy are comparable and i can easily recommend them both! as a matter of fact, they're the only antivirus i recommend to people.

Edited by Ophiel X

Me and my girlfriend and some of my in-laws all use Kaspersky 6 (latest version). For it's performance and features, it uses a very low amount of resources (7 MBs during idle for me, this includes both the Service and the GUI). I've used it on a lot of the PCs during my workterm at a tech shop and it totally cleaned systems out. I used 3 spyware programs on a particular PC and it was still experiencing pop-up ads. I ran Kasp., and they were gone. ;)

Edited by Jeremy

unfortunately, the newer NOD32 builds have been slightly unreliable for me lately.

How exactly have they be unreliable? I haven't had any troubles with stability or reliability with NOD32 ever since I started using it.

I've had a quick look at KAV6, but I haven't installed it on my primary system (only in VMware). It does seem like a big improvement over v5 though. :)

I've always seen the difference between the two as this - NOD32 tries to work by preventing anything from happening (heuristics), while Kaspersky works by identifying specific threats (signatures). In most independent tests, these two have always come out as such. Kaspersky comes out (usually) on top in cleaning known viruses, and NOD32 comes out on top for the "in-the-wild" viruses.

I think that regardless of which one you choose - you'll probably have made a good choice. :)

In most independent tests, these two have always come out as such. Kaspersky comes out (usually) on top in cleaning known viruses, and NOD32 comes out on top for the "in-the-wild" viruses.

I think that regardless of which one you choose - you'll probably have made a good choice. :)

I agree with that 100%, hands down. Period.

How exactly have they be unreliable? I haven't had any troubles with stability or reliability with NOD32 ever since I started using it.

well, i've reproduced a strange bug that causes nod32 to scan your 'A' drive on windows startup and shutdown. (even tho both boxes i reproduced it on didn't even have an 'A' drive, AND had AMON switched off) it's probably a known issue i'm just too busy to research it.

it's the only problem i've ever had with NOD32 and i still highly recommend it.

I have had NOD32 for about a year now as my subscription is due

I have never had any problems with nod and you can also set complete in-depth scans (if you have the time to let it run)

Also it isnt a resource eater like other programs e.g. Nortons

I would always recommend nod32 to anyone I have helped as it hasn’t missed anything for me and warns me if I am installing a program that has a virus built into the installer

I have a 3 machine subscription at a very reasonable 1 year renewable price of about £30 which is a lot better than many others.

Personally I have never used Kaspersky but would always recommend users to remove others like Norton’s and install NOD32

Hope this helps in your decision

I have now tried NOD32, the lastest build, not beta.

I think it is OK.

I hate it when I am shuting down the PC, the floppy start ake noise.

I found one virus (well worm), and it couldn't remove it, so it deleted the file.

It deleted winupdate.exe and now I can't get manual updates.

I got a feeling Kaspersky is MUCH better, well for me anyways.

See the attachment for usage of NOD32.

post-29095-1149153507_thumb.jpg

Edited by sonu27

My Kaspersky (latest version) while Idle (Note: I have only the Virus Scan installed, none of the additional components. Obviously, the memory usage would be higher if all components were installed.)

kasperskyidle8dt.png

10% Scanned

kasperskyactive5ao.png

The memory usage fluctuated between 12 - 18 MBs.

Edited by Jeremy