Multi Boot DVD Help plaease!

pebuilder

i followed the guide from flyakite to create the dvd and i have the windows 2000 and XP installations working perfectly both attended and full unattended setup. But i cannot get the 98 or ME installations to work, they both go through boot process from the floppy image, do the pre-prep stuff then when it comes to the main setup screen and "Preparing to run windows setup" the blue bar moves to 100% then the system hangs! It cannot be hardward realted because:-

1) 4 different hard drives

2) 3 different pc's with different memory and main board

3) if a use winimage to write the boot images to floppy then run the setup from floppy everything works fine.

it just will not work if i boot from the dvd.

:realmad:

o.k. got a new FINDCD.EXE file from original MS boot disk, added new file to root of DVD (98me.txt), altered FINDCD.EXE to look for this file, machine boots from dvd select option 1 for install 98, machine boots from 98 image does prep stuff then hangs again after blue bar goes up to 100% :(

I used winimage to write boot image to a floppy, booted the machine from the floppy and it works perfectly :thumbup

i'm using CDSHELL for the dvd boot, and diskemu to boot the fdd image this is mainly because i was using memdisk before but got the same problems. :(

Has anybody else had these problems?

Edited by pebuilder

should also mention i created a microsoft windows pre-installation disk for windows 98,made an image of the floppy with winimage and added that to the dvd boot menu.

Now this disk works perfectly o.k. when booting from the floppy :thumbup:thumbup

Boot it from the dvd and again it hangs at "preparing windows 98" copies files blue goes to 100%.

Exactly the same thing is happening with Millenium.

I even burnt image to a different brand of DVD media still no luck. :(