Kaspersky antivirus 6.0 "2006"

svenby

I don't know how many people if any have downloaded my setup, but if you have, has there been any probs? or do you have any recommendations?.

I just noticed looking through the RunAVP script that when the update function is run it reads a reg key that I have added so it won't work for anyone else :blushing: because this sets the destination for the virus database files, I'll have a look at improving it if people are using it, but don't know how many people would have ISTool or Inno Setup to compile it.

I have updated the runavp script to set the destination folder for the database to one up from the script directory instead of reading the location from the registry and updated my page 5 post with the download link.

• 5 weeks later...

I have updated my post-install package of kav to kav 6.0.2.614fr and it seems to work without workaround about modify .msi and no need to regtweak to not reboot for the first avp.exe execution, I'm happy :thumbup

I use sfx pack from WPI, I will test the new version during this week to confirm.

i havent try the new version. if you can try it and post if it works without any modification/tweak. thanks.

For the moment, installed more than twice on Vista Home Premium without problem, and the same for Windows XP Home too.

I use genuine installer with /qb switch and a .key license embedded in one self extracting .exe.

The setup install fine, no reboot at the end of install. After reboot, all is okay except virus defs must to be updated, because too old.

It's exactly what I want :thumbup

edit: Windows & KAV French versions.

^^ thanks for the heads-up. im glad that kaspersky did take the auto reboot problem and improved it.

the original msi installer doesnt get the .key file if its on the same folder? well, if not, its not that important. as you said, just one SFX archive to make and we are all set.

... the original msi installer doesnt get the .key file if its on the same folder?...

The .key file mechanism hasn't modified, the installer get .key if it's in same folder without problems, same as before ...