Kaspersky antivirus 6.0 "2006"

svenby

Here's the mst for KIS 6.0.0.300. Enjoy!!! :D

In this post on the first page, this is all it says, there is no attachment.

Did they all go west when the board was recently "maintained"? :wacko:

Same with other posts here with attachments, all it says is "kav6.0.0.300en.mst"

in plain text like that, no link.

Latest build of Kaspersky is 6.0.1.411 and it still has this DIS-functionality!

Kaspersky just don't give 2 s**ts about it. :realmad:

hey guys

im really confused

what i have to do?

please post a .cab file with all done (silent install and key activated)!!

Send me your key file and I will :whistle:

Any one find a way to install the latest version without restart yet?

See my post above, I may post the Inno setup I use, minus the key file if anyone is interested, can't state that it will work for different languages but it works for the English, and WOW! 854 posts in a day lol.

I may post the Inno setup I use, minus the key file if anyone is interested
I'm very interested mate

Thanks

OK here is my setup, its posted on my free web space so I don't get much, if I need space the files will be deleted.

I'll try to explain the process and the exes, as you should be wary of running exes from folks you don't know.

When building my uA disc I compile the kav.iss file using ISTool as this has Pre compilation steps, this first runs RunAVP.exe, this exe firstly deletes the old databases (If any) and backs up the new ones to the {commonappdata} folder, creating the directory structure if not already there, as well as my kav.cfg file, this is where I save my settings for the Trusted Zone and program settings, during installation Kav.msi checks for the existence of these files and if found doesn't install the versions in the msi file. The AutoIt source for the RunAVP.exe is included to check the contents of the exe and you can compile it to be sure its clean and does what I say it does.

After the backup has finished, kav.iss then compiles and creates setup.exe, this I install with the /verysilent switch.

When the install is finished, RunAVP.exe is run to display a dialog box counting down from 90 secs, there are two options, Abort and Run Now. This I do because I install KAV last and instead of using the shutdown.exe to reboot I wait 90 secs before running avp.exe and to allow my other settings to take. The Abort check box will close the dialog and not run avp.exe, Run Now will run it right away without waiting to finish, after 90 secs avp.exe is run and the computer is rebooted.

When the computer reboots everything should be setup, the databases will be up to date and depending on how long it has been from build to install Kaspersky should not check for an update, you can open kav and check the updates date to see if the files were updated, it should also say that the last update time is unknown. As mentioned before in other posts when installed silently only the Basic configuration settings are loaded, if you use things like Registry Guard you will have to load your cfg file for the settings to be used, that is if you saved one.

Package Kav.7z:-

The archive contains 2 folders and 1 file :-

1. {app} - This is the folder containing the kav installer, mst file, runavp.exe, and the AutoIt script for the runavp.exe, you should also place your keyfile here if you want it to activate it during installation.

2. bmp - This folder contains the icon given to the exe on compilation and the bitmaps displayed during a non silent install.

3. kav.iss - This is the file used to create the final exe. You will need ISTool and Inno Setup to create it, use ISTool to compile the exe as it supports pre compilation steps and this is where the latest updates are copied before the final exe is created. Always use the kav.iss file to compile, if you extract Inno setups another iss file is created called install_script.iss this has the files listed that are contained in the exe but as they are always changing if you compile this script not all the files will be added and you may get errors as certain files are not found.

Download, Was 50MB now 14.8MB, remove the compiled exe and the updated databases, figured if anyone was going to use it they would compile the script to have the latest files.

Edited by benners

Quick question, I have the key to my version of Kaspersky but i keep seeing "key file" what is that and how do i make one using the key i have?

Sorry for being such a n00b :(

Thanks.

You can make a key file from your activation code Here. You can then download the key file or get it e-mailed to you.

I don't know how many people if any have downloaded my setup, but if you have, has there been any probs? or do you have any recommendations?.

I just noticed looking through the RunAVP script that when the update function is run it reads a reg key that I have added so it won't work for anyone else :blushing: because this sets the destination for the virus database files, I'll have a look at improving it if people are using it, but don't know how many people would have ISTool or Inno Setup to compile it.

Edited by benners