Kaspersky antivirus 6.0 "2006"

svenby

I have just re-test on vmware (clean windows xp sp2) and I have downloaded german version from your links (the same link where I download french version)

I have run \\pc\Data\kav6.msi /qb /norestart and the system restarts.

Can you post or pm me your regkey before install kav6 ? I assume you import a setting which disable the reboot. At the end of install avp is executed in systemtray ?

kaspersky will restart everytime in the 1st time u run it....

what i remember is use the tranform mst to avoid it from run after install...

but it will restart when u open it .......if dun open it... it won't protect the machine if install using mst file... lol

@Zilexa: It's because launched @ T-13. I have tested with registry license but avp.exe reboots.

@All: But if you run that command before install of kav (post install). avp.exe doesn't reboot even the first time. I have checked many times, I'm sure !

reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\AVP6\Data /v LastStart /t REG_DWORD /d 0x0 /f

• 3 weeks later...

Sonic, I read through this thread and I have 303en doing a silent install without rebooting by applying the 'LastStart' entry to the reg. I would like someway to automate the first update which currently requires another reboot to be functional. I'm not concerned about the next reboot, but I would like to automate getting the initial update as it is currently approximately 8MB. My first attempt has been a failure so far. I pulled the Bases directory from C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\AVP6\Bases\ and zipped it up. On a second system with a fresh KAV6 install, I copied the Bases.zip file over and modified the Update Servers. I unchecked the Kaspersky Lab's update servers and added the path to the zipped version of the Bases directory from the other system (see attached image). This works, so I attempted to script my solution by using the following registry entry before running the update:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\AVP6\profiles\Updater\settings\Sources\0000]
"Enable"=dword:00000001
"Plain"=dword:00000001
"Path"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\Administrator\\Desktop\\Bases.zip"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\AVP6\profiles\Updater\settings]
"UseInternalSources"=dword:00000000

After applying the registry entry above, I use 'avp UPDATE' from the command prompt. This worked too, as it applied all the updates from the zipped file. The problem is getting the registry back to normal afterwards without manual intervention.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\AVP6\profiles\Updater\settings\Sources]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\AVP6\profiles\Updater\settings]
"UseInternalSources"=dword:00000001

Once KAV6 has been installed and updated, attempts to modify the registry return 'access denied'. Any ideas how to get around this and get the system back to normal, or perhaps an entirely different approach?

post-32635-1160163837_thumb.png

ZileXa are you agree with me if you install kav6/kis6 after windows install, the system is restard, isn't it ? If not, test it in a virtual machine please.

OK I tested latest 303 version (DUTCH):

normally in Windows, (not during setup or whatever) WITH /qb /norestart switches, result:

Windows restarts automatically!

Now I tested same version with RunOnceEx, running and installing KAV @ T13 ...

NO RESTART!

Like I am used to!

So this is the perfect opportunity for all people here to switch to a more efficient moment to install your apps. T13. If you use RunOnceEx like me, you only have to add 1 extra line to cmdlines.txt to execute RunOnceex at T13.

BTW you can add as final line in your runonceex a file called runonceex2.cmd (or other name) that will run at the regular moment after first GUI boot. I use this to activate XP, install WMLite and start WIHU to create users.

All your apps will install fine at T13. Only WMLite needs some unknown modification so I do it at the regular moment.

edit: will post info + screenshot in a new thread tomorrow. Don't have much time.

Edited by ZileXa

any chance of some one making a mst file for the latest 303 version ?

I created a new mst file for KAV 6.0.0.303 , I did the same thing as I did in this post:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=509629

I made it for the dutch installer I think it should work for the other languages to.

kav6.0.0.303.msi TRANSFORMS=kav6.0.0.303nl.mst /QN /NORESTART

REMARK:

When KAV runs for the first time the system will auto reboot!!!

kav6.0.0.303nl.mst

This regkey disable the auto-reboot when avp.exe is executed for the first time. KAV6/KIS6 is executed after setup but all components aren't actives, so reboot (by classic reboot process at the send of your runonceex batch ...) and it's okay.

reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\AVP6\Data /v LastStart /t REG_DWORD /d 0x0 /f

i confirm this will not letting kav to restart at 1st time start it.... nice to work with mst that disable the autorun program after installation....

I created a new mst file for KAV 6.0.0.303 , I did the same thing as I did in this post:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=509629

I made it for the dutch installer I think it should work for the other languages to.

kav6.0.0.303.msi TRANSFORMS=kav6.0.0.303nl.mst /QN /NORESTART

REMARK:

When KAV runs for the first time the system will auto reboot!!!

kav6.0.0.303nl.mst

thanks ill test it out today

@ Lost Soul

Long time no hear, where've ya been :D

This is the mst I use I have tested it on mine and it works fine, here is what it does :-

1 - Doesn't Reboot, up to you to run the avp.exe for the installation to finish with the reboot, I use an AutoIt script.

2 - Doesn't add a blank default key under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run, or am I the only one suffering from this?.

3 - If you export your settings to a file called kav6.cfg and place it in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\AVP6\Data before installing it will also import your settings, well at least the ones under the Exclusion Masks and Trusted Applications tabs. If installed silently only the basic protection is selected, not the interactive protection, so not all the entries are selected under the "Enable Application Activity Analyser" and "Registry Guard" is not selected, can't find a way to change this as its the avp.exe responsible not the msi, but when the cfg is imported through avp.exe they are checked. :realmad:

Kav6.mst

Edited by benners

@ Lost Soul

lol been going crackers, wifey passed our first kid now and pork belly's went under lol,, had to get a better job,,

its good to see you to old friend,,

thanks for your file ill test it out

@ Lost Soul

lol been going crackers, wifey passed our first kid now and pork belly's went under lol,, had to get a better job,,

its good to see you to old friend,,

thanks for your file ill test it out

lol, pork bellies, you could get a job at a photo lab, that way when someones wife comes to England for a vacation you could make sure they dont lose their photos.

Let me know how the testing goes. Congrats on the rugrat.