Kaspersky antivirus 6.0 "2006"

svenby

When I use my modified installer and silently install it with the reg file in the same directory, it automatically recognizes it and registers KIS.

Have you got an old version installed before this one? if so, thats why the licnse is auto applied. if not, well, the reg tweak wont be needed anymore :)

I used 1chaoticadult mst file for KIS on my toshiba dual core laptop and it only had to autoreboot once after i manually rebooted it. KIS didnt ask me to reboot again.

as far as this post is concerned, both german and english version are working this way. you should try it on french, i think there will be no problem...

just follow the steps we posted here.

:hello:

Wow is this really an annoying prog 2 install or do I have luck ??

Well I know you guys are talking about build 300 of KAV6,is there a difference between build 299 and 300 ,because this is how I install KAV6 build 299.

KAV.msi /QN is the way Im installing it,without reboot

and I have the key of the program in the same folder as KAV.msi and I do not call it with REGister switch. :thumbup

Can some xplain this please before i make the mistake to.

Regards

build 300 fixes some issues (i read on kaspersky forum).

the switch /qn works for every msi out there but kaspersky setup (both antivirus and inernet security) have a routine that auto reboots your comp after the setup finishes. im not sure but i think that it autorebooted also in buils 299 of both.

to be 100% make the changes to your msi as posted early in this topic.

Have you got an old version installed before this one? if so, thats why the licnse is auto applied. if not, well, the reg tweak wont be needed anymore :)

i can confirm that the registry key is NOT needed for kaspersky to automatically find your license.

as long as it's named .key and resides with the msi

Edited by Ophiel X

i can confirm that the registry key is NOT needed for kaspersky to automatically find your license.

as long as it's named .key and resides with the msi

Glad someone else got this working besides me. :D

i just installed KIS on my new laptop and i confirm too that there is no need to import the registry key.

i posted some topics on kaspersky forum regarding the auto reboot question, but for now there is no real answer from the developers. i hope that they release a version that doesnt autoreboot soon because i dont like to delete things from installer unless necessary...

• 1 month later...

WOW im lost...........could someone please explain clearly how to install KIS silently without reboot on completion of setup............im reading all those batch files and regestrie entrys but im am only new to this so i am still confused. ohhh an btw what does the mst file do?

the mst file is a file that contains modifications made to the original setup but only takes a few kb of space. to run an installer alongwith a mst file use SETUP.EXE TRANSFORMS=mstfile.mst /QN /NORESTART

just download the mst file and use it with your setup. the registry entry is not needed.

Regarding key's import, there is a commandline tool in the installation folder called avp.com (not the exe one).

The command seems running fine for a silent import of an existing key.

avp addkey kav6.key

to install Kaspersky silent use this switch

/quiet /qn /norestart

then

tskill avp.exe

Then at your cleanup after all apps install

start program files\kaspersky\avp.exe

this will reboot the computer.

**makesure when you install the app you have the *.key file in the same folder to auto activate