Help with my RunOnceEx.cmd

I don't know what I would do without this board.

some entries in my runonce are skipped over,and I Haven't a clue why?

@echo off

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D " Win XP Applications Setup" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\network\map.cmd" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\002 /VE /D "McAfee Antivirus version 8.0" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\002 /V 1 /D "U:\mcafee\setup.exe /qn" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\003 /VE /D ".NET Framework 2.0 (.NET 1.1 is already installed)" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\003 /V 1 /D "U:\Framework20\dotnet20f.exe" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\004 /VE /D "Java 5.0.6 Runtime Environment" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\004 /V 1 /D "U:\java\jre506.exe" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "Shockwave Player" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "U:\Shockwave10\Shockwave10.exe" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\006 /VE /D "Flash Media Player 8.0 r24" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\006 /V 1 /D "U:\FlashPlayer\Flash824.exe" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\007 /VE /D "FireFox 1.5" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\007 /V 1 /D "U:\Firefox\Firefox1.5.0.2.exe -ms" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\008 /VE /D "Spybot Search and Destory 1.4" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\008 /V 1 /D "U:\Spybot\spybotsd14.exe /VERYSILENT /NOICONS" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\009 /VE /D "Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0.7" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\009 /V 1 /D "U:\Acrobat\reader707.exe" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE /D "Office 2003 SP2" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "U:\Office2003\SETUPPRO.exe TRANSFORMS="U:\Office2003\unattended_2.mst" /qb-" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\011 /VE /D "Novell 4.9 SP2" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\011 /V 1 /D "U:\Novell49\setupnc.bat" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\012 /VE /D "Adding Admin user,turning off the Security Center,Cleaning Up and Rebooting" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\012 /V 1 /D "U:\cleanup.cmd" /f

The office install is skipped

The Novell Client install is skipped.

why? are they skipped?

lastly during the install of Macromedia flash player 8 I get

"Could not register the library for C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\Flash8a.ocx"

thanks for all your help guys.

First off - you waited 4 hours before bumping your own thread. It's there and we'll see it even if it's not at the very very top of the forum. Bumping your own thread is generally frowned upon.

Secondly - why are all your entries pointing to U: drive? Shouldn't they be to a particular hard drive or CD drive? How do you know ahead of time that it'll be U?

When it comes to Office, I'm guessing that the quotes in your TRANSFORMS switch are what's stopping that. You can use a relative path (i.e. relative to the installer), so just put the filename of your transforms file and it should hopefully work better. Another look at the Unattended site might point you in the right direction as well.

When it comes to the Novell client installer - we can't really help you there since we don't know what's inside that .bat file. The more info you can give us the better we can help. :)

Have you made your own silent installer for Flash? I don't see any switches, so I'm guessing you made one yourself or found one. Have you tested it out to make sure it works?

I assume drive "U" is a network drive mapped succesfully with "...network\map.cmd" and all paths are correct ???

If you actually want the quotes in "TRANSFORMS="U:\Office2003\unattended_2.mst"" to appear in RunOnceEx you'd need to enclose the quotes in quotes ... like this """. Altough I don't know why you want that.

Normal install of "Flash824.exe" works ok? Nothing that anyone can see with just this data. Maybe someone actually had same experience, I haven't so sorry. Try posting more details.

One more thing. Sometimes I found that if installs don't finish properly they can cause issues for the next installs. I have no idea why. But you could try enforcing (or changing) the install sequence. Also testing them individually to confirm they work may be a good idea.

You don't suck - we all make mistakes like that from time to time. :)

As for your Flash install problem - have you tested the installer in a regular Windows environment?

Well... if the installer itself doesn't work then it won't work during RunOnceEx.

Did you make it yourself or find it somewhere else? Try making the installer yourself from the source. I'm sure that you can find the switches somewhere around here.