RC8: Actual and Potential Bugtrack Post

nowinscenario

Tweaks:

Speed:

Use Windows classic folder/No Tasks side panel

Visual Effects:

Use Common tasks in folders

If you disable/tick both these, it enables the tasks side panel. Tick one of them and you disable the tasks side panel. Is there a reason for having both of these settings in nLite?

Namor is correct, as far as I can remember for all recent builds: Common Tasks seems to always be enabled for me (even though I don't want that way)--and I always tick to have classic and tick to have no common tasks. So, yeah, somthing is awry here.

N.B.--my last install was SO screwed up (for whatever ephemeral reason) that I'm not even going to bother upping any files: I don't want to create untold chaos!--so I'm rebuilding again tonight. (I suspect medium errors and such when it's this severe.)

Edited by nowinscenario

So what's the bottom on this bug list? Sounds like to me that most of the tweaks basically dont work. Does that mean nLite is currently good for integrating service packs, drivers and RyanVM updates but we should be wary of the other tabs as they dont behave how they are supposed to?

Shuttle, removing components and getting rid of some of the WinXP fat, is one of the major reasons I use nLite and so far that has worked without a problem. Some things are a little hit and miss with the tweaks and that is why I use nLite to add the TweakUI cab, so that I can quickly do a lot of the tweaks after the install.

Hey Folks

My bugs:

In RC8 I can't integrate some new hotfixes!

Windows-KB913433-x86-DEU.exe

WindowsMedia10-KB911565-v2-x86-DEU.exe

WindowsXP-KB904942-v2-x86-DEU.exe

WindowsXP-KB913580-x86-DEU.exe

windowsxp-kb905474-x86-DEU.exe

they are all german. the English ones - on a US version didn't work either.

After integrating some others and trying to make an ISO. I recognized the Iso is a 10th of the real Folder.(6,82MB) If I quit and relauch Nlite and doing merly the ISO it were 100% (682MB)

Someone got the same bugs ?

Or knows some solutions?

Thx

Johny

Most likely will add more to list tonight (one example, extended: this time NET 2 joined NET 1 as a downed soldier in the customization fight: neither installed, even though the popup screen indicated that they were installing ... another example, extended: logon weirdness again confirmed: if I check auto-login; change the Admin account; change the User account that, supposedly, auto-logs-in--nLite will not change the Admin account, does not create the User account, yet tries to auto-login with that absent User account, which creates the incorrect log-in error, from where I have to change it to just simply the default Administrator). For the brief moment, I can't recall any original or new behavoir--just variations on the above theme (I will say that there's something in the tweaks that basically ends up turning ALL the effects on--aarrrgh!)

I tried to install .Net 2 at T-12: it is not possible. This is not nLite's fault.

Actually, it -is- possible: http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2249

Still not nLite's fault that the easy way fails though.

This is not a good idea imho. Why does this installer not install at T-12/T-13? The check is maybe to prevent installation at T-39 but I just think it's taking risks for nothing.

@owikh84

3. Use default "Add or Remove Programs" instead of "Software" (looks unprofessional) to the context menu of My Computer

Software is international.

8. Add "Open Command Prompt Here" to every folder, instead of CMD Shell (looks unprofessional)
is toooooooooo looooooong

unprofessional or professional is only for you, not universal... :)

Why not let the user type the name. :hello:

Tux: touche!

Choice is the key to ultimate bliss.

That's why I don't use that tweak, but have my own registry tweak in there. Write the reg tweak yourself and you have FULL control over it. :) (Mine also sets the title of the window etc.)

Edited by DaCheetah

Although last couple of installs seemed relatively flawless--except for the noted bugtrack list, which still stands (sorry I haven't updated it lately--I've been REAL busy)--I've seen some mysterious memory reference and runtime errors being generated by a variety of programs, seemingly randomly at first, but also escalating to the point of regular annoyance (and even rendering a couple of applications unusable). If anyone else has seen this, please report it: otherwise I'll just dismiss it as a couple of build anomalies--but if it is starting to happen regularly, it's not going to be fun tracking such arrors down to their origins...

Also, anyone have any DMA enabling problems lately?

I'm temporarily discounting some of my last errors and problems, because it turns I was working with a bad motherboard--unless someone else comes up with the same or similar, or unless I am able to reporduce them again in the next couple of days on two new motherboards.

Edited by nowinscenario

• 4 weeks later...