HFSLIP icon librarys

Bugs Bunny

I created SYSROOT because it applies to keys that are NOT of the REG_EXPAND_SZ type.

You can not use %SystemRoot% in a reg type of REG_SZ it will not expand.

Didn't try this anyway but I did take TommyP's modified inf and substitued %10% for %SYSROOT%.

Seemed to work on my system. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey TAiN is this a perma-link? I'll linkie on my instructions. I'm too lazy to PM :D
This is all I know...maybe you never actually added the link? I've never seen it myself... :unsure:

• 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I have this link : http://www.msfn.org/board/lofiversion/index.php/t69221.html

and the last post is :

Bugs BunnyJul 31 2006, 08:06 PM

Hi zwiebug222!

The icl Files go into HFEXPERT.

The 7z file contains a folder structure. Unzip the 7z file and put the icl files that are inside WINNT into HFEXPERT\WIN (explorer.icl). The rest into HFEXPERT\WIN\SYSTEM32.

Finally unzip the reg.7z and put the reg file from the ForHFSLIP folder into HFSVCPACK.

The icl Files inside Program Files can be copied to the corresponding folders after install. The reg files for these can also only be aplied after install.

Get the latest icl+reg files under:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=74641

But the HFSLIP 1.7.2 is not have the folder HFEXPERT. Can i make the folder manuelt, or with folder can i do this in ?????

to the best of my knowledge, hfslip has never made the hfexpert folder automatically. anyone who requires the use of that folder has to make it manually. you have to make the folder at the same level as (i.e., next to) hfsvcpack, source, repair folders etc.

Edited by johndoe74

to the best of my knowledge, hfslip has never made the hfexpert icon automatically. anyone who requires the use of that folder has to make it manually. you have to make the folder at the same level as (i.e., next to) hfsvcpack, source, repair folders etc.

But how can i do it so. ???

Just as the johndoe says, you have to manually create the HFEXPERT folder. I've used bugs' pack for a while. I think I modified the INF somewhat so that all the ICL files reside in the HFEXPERT\WIN folder (so there is no need for a program files copyover post install). Also, I put the INF file in HFEXPERT\CODECS. On a sidenote, this tweak is for 2k. The newer OSs already have these icons.

But how can i do it so. ???

to create the folder, browse to the hfslip folder where the source and hfsvcpack1 etc. folders reside and right-click on the empty area next to those folders, select "New" from the context menu and then "folder" and call it HFEXPERT