The Official Switches Thread Only

ViRuS2k

Thanks for your feedback.

Well, the intallation folder shows a three diferent icons that could be used to initialize the installation process.

Setup.exe, launch.exe and ecdc5.msi

All of them get me to the same InstallShield Wizard.

I also searched for *.iss files in the application folder and nothing is found.

I am assuming this is a special application, since it doesn't act like a normal Install shield act.

Also, I think I have to design a registry hack to overcome the serial key step.

What I think it has to be done is to silently install it with the following command:

setup.exe /s /v/qb and then apply the registry key.

Let me someone know if I am totally lost.

Thank you. :)

hmm okay but what is in the registry key ?

i have the same problem than previously when i'm launching

setup.exe /s /v/qb i only have strange icons with ## in front of them and i can't launch it, the only folder where is stored the application is "comon files" if anyone have any idea, thanks

I did some searching on the Sun Java homepage and found this document that

lists detailed info on how to install the latest Java silently, with options, etc..

Here is the site: http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/...ide/silent.html

And here is the info:

Silent Installation

This section includes the following topics:

* Introduction

* Running InstallShield in Silent Mode: Installation

* Running InstallShield in Silent Mode: Uninstalling

* Creating a Log File

Notes

1. This chapter applies to 32-bit Windows and silent installation of the Java Runtime Environment (JRE).

2. It is intended for:

* system administrators who want to deploy Java Plug-in and the JRE on multiple PCs in the Intranet environment without user interaction;

* companies with products that require the JRE, which they can silently install with their product.

3. In the various command line examples below a space appears between the /v and the quote ("); i.e., /v ". The space is required for 1.4.2_01 and higher releases that are installed by the "Windows Installation" method (aka "install from the web"). For "Windows Offline Installation" no space should appear. See Install Formats for more information about installation types.

Introduction

JavaTM 2 Platform Runtime Environment (JRE) installations are built using InstallShield Developer 7, which is based on Microsoft Window Installer. This product contains built-in support for silent or unattended installations. This document tells how to silently install the JRE. Refer to  http://support.installshield.com/ for complete information about silent installations.

Running InstallShield in Silent Mode: Installation

Here is the command line for installing in silent mode:

<jre>.exe /s /v "/qn [ADDLOCAL=jrecore[,extra][,other_US] | ALL] [iEXPLORER=1] [NETSCAPE6=1] [MOZILLA=1] [iNSTALLDIR=<drive>:\<install_path>] [REBOOT=Suppress] [JAVAUPDATE=0]"

where

<jre>.exe is the single executable installer for the Java Runtime Environment (JRE); ADDLOCAL, if used, is either jrecore[,extra][,other_US] or ALL; IEXPLORER=1, if used, indicates that the Plug-in should be registered with the Internet Explorer browser; NETSCAPE6=1, if used, indicates that the Plug-in should be registered with Netscape 6 or later browsers; MOZILLA=1 indicates that the Plug-in should be registered with Mozilla 1.1 and later browsers; INSTALLDIR, if used, specifies the drive and path of the installation; REBOOT=Suppress, if used, indicates that if locked files are encountered the computer should not be rebooted; and JAVAUPDATE=0, if used, indicates that the Java Update feature should be excluded from the installation.

If ADDLOCAL=jrecore[,extra][,other_US] is used,

jrecore indicates the core of the JRE will be installed;

extra (optional) indicates additional Fonts, Colors, and Soundbank will be installed;

other (optional) indicates locale-specific .jar files will be installed.

If ADDLOCAL=ALL is used, then all the features will be installed.

If ADDLOCAL is not used, then only the recommended features will be installed: jrecore will be installed; extra will not be installed; other will be installed only if l10n support, other than English, is installed.

If INSTALLDIR is not specified, the installation will go into C:\Program Files\java\j2re1.4.2 (default location).

Note

The command is case sensitive and there must be no spaces in the features listed with ADDLOCAL.

Examples

Suppose the JRE installer is j2re-1_4_2-bin-b18-windows-i586-05_mar_2003.exe; you want to install the JRE core and additional Fonts, Colors and Soundbank; and you want to register the Plug-in with Netscape 7 and Mozilla 1.3. Then the command would be:

j2re-1_4_2-bin-b18-windows-i586-05_mar_2003.exe /s /v "/qn ADDLOCAL=jrecore,extra NETSCAPE=1 MOZILLA=1"

Or suppose you want all features to be installed; you only want to register the Plug-in with Internet Explorer; and you want the installation on the D drive at java\jre. Then the command line could be simply:

j2re-1_4_2-bin-b18-windows-i586-05_mar_2003.exe /s /v "/qn ADDLOCAL=ALL IEXPLORER=1 INSTALLDIR=D:\java\jre"

You may find it convenient to use the "start /w" command, as that will cause MS-DOS to wait until the install is complete. For example:

start /w j2re-1_4_2-bin-b18-windows-i586-05_mar_2003.exe /s /v "/qn ADDLOCAL=ALL IEXPLORER=1 INSTALLDIR=D:\java\jre"

Running InstallShield in Silent Mode: Uninstalling

This is the command line for uninstalling in silent mode:

<jre>.exe /s /v "/qn [REBOOT=Suppress]" /x

where <jre>.exe is the single executable installer for the JRE and REBOOT=Suppress, if used, indicates that if locked files are encountered the computer should not be rebooted.

Example

j2re-1_4_2-bin-b18-windows-i586-05_mar_2003.exe /s /v "/qn REBOOT=Suppress" /x

Creating a Log File

If you want to create a log file describing the installation, add /L C:\<path>setup.log to the command. Note that this comes within the quote marks (""). For example:

j2re-1_4_2-bin-b18-windows-i586-05_mar_2003.exe /s/v "/qn ADDLOCAL=ALL /L C:\<path>setup.log"

This will cause the log to be written to the setup.log file.

To verify if a silent installation succeeded, scroll to the end of the log file.

Hmm.. wonder if something like this will work for the other /s /v /qn programs?.

Found the trick for RealPlayer One v2 through try & error

"RealOnePlayerV2GOLD_de.exe -s" ATTENTION: Parameter is case-sensitive!!!!

NAV2004:

start /wait NAVSETUP.EXE /QB

pskill CfgWiz

On my German Version i don't need any activation, but it still asks for Registration and some other setup things like liveupdate and planning scans. Just try it. I spend hours to find a registry trick but no way :rolleyes:

Found also a way to integrate Updates and "Re-Abo" :)

TightVNC:

Install it, configure it, export Registry settings for TightVNC to for example "settings.reg" repack the files and make your own installer with things like SFX-Factory or WinRAR (my favourite because of compression). When creating links you can use the following:

winvnc.exe -settings (config menu)

winvnc.exe -install (install server as service)

winvnc.exe -remove (uninstall service)

winvnc.exe (just starts normal server)

vncviewer.exe (starts viewer)

vncviewer.exe -listen (launches viewer in tray)

greets

I hope this is the right forum...

I want to install my Audigy2 programs and drivers to my multi-boot DVD. I wanted to know if anyone has found the switches that will allow a quiet installation. What would even be better is to have options on what I want to install from Creative's crappy software. Any help is appreciated and thanks.

I have a boggling question...what batch command can I use to do a silent install of Spoon Install products? :):D:rolleyes:

Also, how can I get my unattended WinXP CD to load the Silver Skin on first install instead of the common blue skin? Also, the boot screen, how can I change it to Silver instead of blue?

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

make sure you download the dbpoweramp music converter

it should say dBpowerAMP Music Converter 9a

Edited by XL-DJK95355

Could somebody please add a switch for Abiword 2.x ?

while the abiword-setup-2.0.1.exe /S, it still asks for language, which doesn't make it much of an unattended install.

Also, Quick View Plus 7.0 gives absolutely no info about itself when you execute its setup with /?. It simply starts in normal mode. It is an installshield app. when run with -R no setup.iss is created in the windows dir.

Thanks

How can the following be installed silently:

Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004

Macromedia Fireworks MX 2004

Unpacked both seem to be done with Installshield.

How can they be installed silently?

There are a few setups to make this seamless and easy

1) Copy the entire CD to a Network Share

2) do a normal install of the application on one machine with the following commandline:

setup -R setup.iss This will give you your installshield response file. Complete the activation process.

Next go into the registry and export the following keys

HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Macromedia ----> save as importme.reg

HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Macrovision -----> save as macrovision.reg

3)

Create bat file called setup.bat with the following inside:

start /wait Setup.exe -s -f1 "setup.iss"

Call .\activate.bat

end

Create another batch file called activate.bat

Inside add the following:

** Note: This points to wherever your "All Users" Profile\ information goes **

md "%All Users%\Application data\Macrovision\Safecast\Product License\"

copy .\*.dat "%All Users%\Application data\Macrovision\Safecast\Product License\"

** Note: The xxxxx.dat file is a hidden file located in this directory structure on the hard drive. So turn on show hidden folders and files **

regedit /s "importme.reg"

regedit /s "macrovision.reg"

Have the five files setup.bat, setup.iss,activate.bat, importme.reg, activate.reg all located whereever you copied your dreamweaver MX 2004 CD to on the network.

Run the setup.bat and the rest will silently take care of itself.

You should be able to use this same process to do Fireworks, just modify the folder structure and Registry keys.

*****************************NOTE:****************************** You need to have a LEGAL License for EACH MACHINE that you run this on. This is just to save the headache of going to the website on every machine for your site license". I am not in the business of helping hackers!!!!!!

*****************************NOTE:******************************

Ex. My client has a 200 user site license for this application. That's a lot of extra work to activate each license one at a time. This way, the license it activated on the initial setup.

DESPERATELY QUICK HELP NEEDED:

would somebody here know how to silently install myIE2 ?

please, AaronXP ?

looked thru its installed documentation and on its website. neither googling nor searching the forums gave me an answer and my new unattended CD is about an hour away from finalising.

Thanking all in advance,

prathapml

DESPERATELY QUICK HELP NEEDED:

would somebody here know how to silently install myIE2 ?

please, AaronXP ?

In formatting and backup scenarios I had in the past, I've found that restoring the MyIE2 folder back in Program Files does the job fine. Plus, you get all your favourite configs with it as well.

So, place all your MyIE2 files in:

C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$Progs\MyIE2

And the shortcut to it to:

C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$Docs\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\MyIE2\

Your MyIE2 files will be in C:\Program Files\MyIE2\ and your shortcut will be in the start menu automatically during windows setup. Easy enough!

Anyone would know how i can install ZoneAlarm pro unattented ?

TIA

EDIT: Well, indeed i can install it silently with /s and then PSkill the registration wizard.

But i can't find how i can register it silently after that.

If you have ZoneAlarm Pro already installed on a PC, you can export from the registry the registration info, and then run the reg file after the silent install.

that would give something like this in your unattended.bat (that's how I named it) file:

ECHO.

ECHO Installation de ZoneAlarm Pro with Webfiltering V 4.5.530 (Anglais)

ECHO Numero de serie: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Apps\ZoneAlarm\ZoneAlarmPro.exe /s /noreboot

ECHO.

ECHO Enregistrement de ZoneAlarm

REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\install\Apps\ZoneAlarm\za.reg

I installed ZA on a VMWARE environment, without entering my registration information, executed the REG file and after a reboot I could use it fine.

Rgrds, Alex

I just have followed your instruction for MSN messenger, Aaron, and /qb result on a silly popup (click OK to install).

I'm gonna try with /qn.

I could install the messenger without any popup byt using the following:

ECHO.

ECHO Installation de MSN Messenger 6.1

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Apps\MSN\MsnMsgs.msi /QB

Alex.