Windows Media Player 11 Beta

pardhu

Hi , Welcome to MSFN :)

A few points , thanx for notifying us about the release , especially since it was your first post .

We usually have all the releases notification in the BPTN forum and use this forum for discussions about the Beta softwares.

Since you started this topic , we shall start the discussion over here itself :)

==============================================

Anyone of you tried it out? I installed it , although i knew i wont be using the URGE service , i decided to install it . to my surprise , the Installer downloaded nearly 30 MB of data just to install URGE. i do not understand what it is all about.

I have been busy adding files to My Library , which is really slow. SO cant give my thought on the player as of yet.

But from what i have seen uptil now , the look is hell lot much better now.

Will get back to you people soon in a day or two after using :)

I installed it , although i knew i wont be using the URGE service , i decided to install it . to my surprise , the Installer downloaded nearly 30 MB of data just to install URGE. i do not understand what it is all about.

Yeh I tried it out and i actually quite liked it.. i think i missed out URGE because my install was only 26mb... but i do remember selecting everything on it.

I like the new look, and the new visual effects..

I haven't tried playing a DVD on it but I might try it later..

So far so good with WMP11, not a single error :)

Thanks Jrose,

you have answered my question before I asked it. I downloaded it and marked it to install with the same settings as in WMP10 but it won't show any stores at all. So had to roll back to 10.

Regards George.

P.s. just saw that's not my avatar either.

Don't know how that got there.

Edited by georgepomone

yep i have installed it it seems good but it is slow and seems to crash abit urge is real slow and im sure helps slow it up alot but the look is good will suit vista and the layout is great easy to use and doesnt drift away from mp10 which is good for newbies !! 7/10!!

Anyone get it installed on Server 2003??

servers arnt for music!!!! :no::lol:

Edited by sleepytom

Just for all you ppl that havent installed it yet, i would advise you not to.I Installed it as i was curious to see what improvements have been made, needless to say there have been no improvements whatsoever. It is practically identical to WMP10 in uselessness, it just adds a few more useless features to make it a full featured waste of disk space

Installed it, didn't like it. I had to reimage my machine because the uninstall option wasn't even available, didn't even appear in the Add/Remove programs section.

Didn't like it because they got rid of the full track duration at the side of the right hand corner, which was stupid.

And when viewed in full screen mode, how WMP 10 had the minimize, maximize and close button, they got rid of that too. Very disappointed with that.

I expect to see these features back in future builds, hopefully.

Yes, their best use is movies & video clips live encoding & streaming :thumbup

btw, i like the new library feature (i was looking for that since soooo much time...), the track durations shows up near the song title in the playlist if large enough only (and you can get song rating there simply by making it wider)

In fact, that's all but a waste of space !

yep i have installed it it seems good but it is slow and seems to crash abit urge is real slow and im sure helps slow it up alot but the look is good will suit vista and the layout is great easy to use and doesnt drift away from mp10 which is good for newbies !! 7/10!!

Anyone get it installed on Server 2003??

how can i install this on win2k3?

Guys anyone tried to make windows xp media player 11 transparent like Vista one ? im not sure but is it could be possible via replace dll or something ? in fact its looks so nice in vista.