win2k3 unattended results

vcant

ok, my first results on win2k3:

success !!!!!

well, almost, symantec corporate didnt install right, i will play with the switches for it, i have it in MSI file and not in the regular symantec packager, and i applied regular msi switches, but it didnt work, well, im sure ill be able to fix it.

all the rest worked great except for a fact that it took like 7 hours to install on Virtual PC, is that normal? i installed redhat at work on virtual pc, and it took hours as well, is VMWare faster by any chance?

problem:

when trying to install symantec corporate from msi file, even if not using any switches im getting the following error message: "The InstallScript engine is missing from this mashine. If available please run ISScript.msi or contact your support personal for futher assistance". any ideas why im getting this message?

I had no problems installing SAV 8.1, it might be that there are different compiled client installs made by the Symantec Packager.

VirtualPC shouldn't take 7 hours. On this 1.4GHz it takes about an hour and a half, try going into the Virtual PC preferences and set this: Divide Time equally, and Run at Maximum speed.

where can i get this program from AaronXP ? and does it need registered to use.

im sick of switching from my main os onto a os on another partition to test installs :)

and how big is the file and what is the best.

it takes me about 30minutes to install xp on my 2200Xp thoroughbred overclocked. :rolleyes:

thx mate.

i hope its easy to use hehe.

do you know if there are any drawbacks.

like things not installing that should normaly ect ?

what exactly happens does it install the os for real or just simulate it >

it installs the OS for real on emulated hardware into one Virtual PC Image file (that's what makes it slow).

It won't overwrite anything on your hard disks/partitions.

The only thing you can't test on it is your updated drivers, since it cannot emulate an Nvidia card, only an S3 gfx card or something like that.