Question about unnatened/super WinXP CD

Hi everyone!

N00b question: I'm creating the whole super XP cd for unatended setups and auto installs etc and I've got to the point where I need to create batch files to install things such as Windows Media Player 9 and DirectX9.0b.

Can anyone help me?

Daniel

• 2 weeks later...

Im a newbie too! And im stock in the Batch Files and the commands used part!! I am new using prompt comands ! Is there a small tutorial on how to use prompt comands program!! how to add main_batch.cmd , hotfixes.cmd and applications.cmd files . Where do i find the C:\> prompt window?

Please try not to post this link http://www.MSFN.org/unattended/xp/batch_commands.htm

Because is not very clear!!Thanks!

You can easily create a batch file with notepad and saving with the *.cmd extension.

It is up to you whether you want to use one batch file, or several. I use several so I can easily find what I'm looking for when I need to make changes. There is no difference when using one or many.

The commands used are very simple. Start executes a setup app. @echo off gets rid of the C:\> thats printed onscreen. ECHO. gives a line space, ECHO prints a message onscreen. CLS clears the screen. EXIT exits the command prompt.

You can check the resouces page on how these commands are used and how they work.

Lastly, the batch files go anywhere you want, with the exception they're not placed outside the \$OEM$\$1 folders. You should also check winnt.sif to check that the paths to the batch files in [GuiRunOnce] is also correct.

what you saying Aaron is that i dont need to go to start menu open prompt windows and start writing codes????? Nooo ? When i save the notepad file as a .cmd where i have to save them? Then my batch files are very similar than yours can i copy an paste them? One last question im using Windows service pack 2 beta v.1213 How can i save them in my super cd?

1. No you don't, the cmd files do all that.

2. As I said in my last reply: The batch files go anywhere you want, with the exception they're not placed outside the \$OEM$\$1 folders. You should also check winnt.sif to check that the paths to the batch files in [GuiRunOnce] is also correct.

3. Yes copy and paste them if you want, it will help you to get experience of how they work.

4. Slipstream SP2 before starting on the Unattended XP CD guide. Links to these slipstream guides are on the Getting Started page.

Good luck! :)