Help I want to make ONE unattended windows installation...

Help I want to make unattended windows installation using nlite, but I have a few different video cards and nics, can I make 1 windows unattended that will find the drivers for all my nics and video cards?.

if so how can i do this using nlite?

thanks for all your help guys :thumbup

ps: I am running my windows unattended from a network share if that makes a difference.

Edited by clivebuckwheat

The best way to do it is to donwload Ryan's VM Driver Pack and integrate them with nLite, they are compatible.

Start nLite, choose "Integrate Drivers", Select the Ryan's VM Driver Pack and your good to go. All drivers installed, no matter on what system the Windows is installed to ;)

André Casal

Well, I'm pretty sure that andregcasal gave you the wrong info. RyanVM does NOT have any driver packs, only Update Packs. On the other hand Bashrat's Driver Packs are exactly what you are looking for.

Ok, i'm so sorry... My mistake :P

There's no such thing as "Ryan's VM Driver Pack" but "RyanVM's Windows XP Post-SP2 Update Pack" that is a pack of post-SP2 updates. I confused it with Driver Pack, i'm sorry.

Unfortunately Bâshrat the Sneaky's DriverPacks aren't compatible with nLite, i believe, so you must use Bâshrat the Sneaky's DriverPacks as the last thing to modify your XP source.

First of all you need the Driver Packs:

DriverPack_Graphics_A_V603.7z or

DriverPack_Graphics_B_V603.7z or

DriverPack_Graphics_C_V603.7z

They have drivers for diferent Graphic Cards, so read http://www.driverpacks.net/ to find out wich is wich.

Then you'll need DriverPack BASE, it basically contains everything you need to apply the DriverPacks to your unattended Windows XP CD, including the instructions.

Good luck!

Lol, exactly discountpc, my bad... :P

Edited by andregcasal

Ok

I integrated some of sneakys drivers packs into my windows xp unattended. I now have an OEM folder in the root. with all the driverpacks I downloaded, they are in compressed format with a .z extension. Do I need to keep this OEM folder?

I am running the install from a network share not a cd if it makes a difference.

Thank you for your help guys.

Don't delete the OEM folder or your drivers won't work ;)

If you followed the instructions as is you shouldn't remove anything from your CD, is should be ready.

I believe that running from a network share doesn't make a diference.

André Casal

after I integrated the driver packs.

at 39 minutes left.

I get windows cannot find \OEM\BIN\WatchDriverSigningPolicy.exe

I don't think the graphics packs support my d915gux intel onboard video, can someone confirm this for me?

I am doing the install from the network not a cd.

Edited by clivebuckwheat