Microsoft Updates CD

Actually you should be able to get that from MS. I don't have alink at the moment but if you look around you should be able to find it. And it's free.

Unless they stop this it has been a couple of years since I last did it.

You want a second disk with just the updates?

That's easy enough to do. Just download them and use autorun to execute a script that installs them all. So, you drop the CD into your newly built computer and it just starts cycling through all the patches.

I've done it before. I created a CD that when you dropped it into a machine determined what OS it was running and then cycled through all the patches for that OS I had on the disk.

Piece of cake.

on the software area of the frontpage i have seen that MS realise an ISO with all update on it, though coul dbe just for that month.

yes it is possible, download them burn to cd and then install via a batch command or the like

But I want them to go silent ye know dont want them to go though having to click next. The reason im doing this is cause some of my Pc's here at my work have there own licence here with them and i dont wana make a custom DVD for every computer but atleast could get it so all the updates could be put on there

just add the appropriate switches for the update you are installing so it installs silently. Basically the same as when integrating them just don't use the /integrate switch.

Here is a simple solution to what you want to accomplish.

1. Off the root of your CD, create a folder called "Type1" and another called "Type2".
  2. Download all the hotfixes.
  3. Sort them into either the Type 1 or Type 2 folders.
  4. Use a batch file to cycle through each folder, installing them with the needed silent switches, executed by the Autorun.inf
  5. Run QChain at the end of your batch file and you're done.

That will get you a CD that will install all the patches when you drop it into a system. As new patches come in, you just drop them into the appropriate folder. You can expand it as needed, put in an automatic reboot, and if you're willing to do a little work you can have it check for each patch before it installs and skip it if the box already has it.

Hi,

By far the easist way to do this would be to download Autopatcher XP April 2006 and the May 2006 update.

This is a free download which installs all of the missing updates on your PC and can be burnt onto a CD for use on many PC's.

For further information and pointers to the downloads visit:

http://www.autopatcher.com/

This can be automated using an answer file to install only the updates you wish to can can be totally automatic or you can manually select which updates and hotfixes you wish to install via the Autopatcher GUI and then just leave it to get on with the job.

Incidentally for those who don't know, XP does not need the use of QCHAIN when installing multiple hotfixes without rebooting inbetween.

Regards

Simon

There's a few different ways to accomplish this with a new install:

1. nLite

2. Ryan's pack with the integrator or via nLite

3. HFSLIP (Love this)

From somewhere here on the forums, I downloaded an autorun.ini and a kixtart script that will install all updates from the root of the CD. I have not tried the script though...

Oh, another method for checking to see what updates your machine already has vs. what Microsoft has available is Elcom's PSA: http://www.elcomsoft.com/psa.html Very cool tool.

KixXPUpd.zip

Edited by clintb