The Intranet cannot browse the site

MyDear

Hi Guys, I need some help on this...well,

Problem with Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP Pro Basic problem: after adding SP2 The Intranet cannot browse the site

Can anyone help please

Edited by MyDear

As part of installing SP2, XP now has a built-in firewall. That may very well stop you from browsing certain sites. Try disabling your firewall via the control panel and see if that takes care of it. If it does, you will need to configre your firewaall if yo plan to re-enable the use of the firewall.

It would have popped up a menu up asking if you wanted to unblock the application's access or continue to block it (because out of precautionary measures, firewalls are designed to automatically block any suspected-harmful activity until instructed by the user or user-defined rules).

It would have popped up a menu up asking if you wanted to unblock the application's access or continue to block it

Not certain that is exactly correct(I could be wrong though). The application in question, Internet Explorer, presumably has access. Ohterwise he most likely would not have been able to download SP2. Having said that, since my earlier post I was thinking that is more likely an issue with the settings in Internet explorer. Go to "Tools, Inernet options" from the toolbar. Click to the security tab, then the sites button there. Add your local site. See how that goes.

*edit to add...Is there any chance you are using IE7 Beta2? I know there are some issues withh HTTP resolution with it...just a thought.

Edited by snafumaster