Nuhagic, Help! I can't remove Printers in drivers

tianchg

Yesterday, I tried many times to remove this component, but failed every time! How should I do if I want to remove it. THX!

My OS: XP SP2 Simplied Chinese

Edited by tianchg

tianchg, can you explain a little more what fails exactly, installation or printers are still installed? Which error is displayed? Attach preset. Thx.

My PC: AMD Sempron64 2500+(S754)

Biostar TForce6100

Seagate 7200.9 160GB IDE

and My OS is XP SP2 Simplified Chinese which lited with nLite RC7

Now, I use many versions of nLite tu test removing the Printers from Drivers, such as 0.99.7, 0.99.8, 0.99.9, v1.0 beta, v1.0 RC2, RC6, etc. Finally I found some can remove, but other can't, now I really was mad! There aren't any problems after installation completed, only can't remove the Printers component. I think maybe nLite RC8 isn't compatibility with XP Simplified Chinese Edition!

I will try but you haven't told me the obvious first, is it just that you see Printers listed even if removed, no other issue, Windows worked ok?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

ah this is the topic i was after!

i've been using nlite since version 0.9-something, and *always* had intermittent problems with removal of printer files from the drivers.cab file. this was with win2k, and now having moved to winxp i was hoping that problem would vanish, but apparently not.

to troubleshoot, i would select printers for removal, start the process, open up the drivertmp folder that nlite created, and watch to see whether the signature ppd, gpd, cn*.dll, ep*.dll, hp*.dll, etc. files were removed. almost every time, regardless of nlite version, none of the printer-specific files would be purged. sometimes, using the same nlite version, preset, and source files, they would be. there was absolutely no common factor i could find.

nowadays i've gotten so frustrated with it that i just paste in a routine list of printer files that may or may not preserve pdf printing functionality (i never did see a set list), let nlite go about its business, and once every 10 times i'll get lucky and drivers.cab will actually shrink down to ~10mb instead of ~50mb, like it did just now, despite having selected printers for deletion.

windows attempted:

win2kpro sp4

win2kpro usp5.1

winxp home oem sp2

winxp home oem sp2+ryanvm update

winxp pro sp2

winxp pro sp2+ryanvm update

lastsession.ini i just used - it failed to remove printers on a winxp pro sp2+ryanvm:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xv8aey

any ideas? just tried it again, this time leaving the 'keep files' dialog completely empty (no printing files kept at all), and sure enough my driver.cab is still full of printer dll/gpd/ppd/etc. files.

i'm just not sure what kind of conditional statement the code runs that could allow this :)