Scanners and cameras doesnt appear

royco

i think its something they did to win2k3, i have the same thing, all the imaging hardware installs and works fine, but does not appear on the 'Scanners and Cameras' tab in control panel.

Go to Start -> Run -> and type in Services.msc and scroll down until you find the "Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) ", double click on Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) and select startup type Automatic -> Apply -> Start -> OK.

Now install the drivers for your Camera, Webcam, or Scanner! :)

Go to Start -> Run -> and type in Services.msc and scroll down until you find the "Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) ", double click on Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) and select startup type Automatic -> Apply -> Start -> OK.

Now install the drivers for your Camera, Webcam, or Scanner! :)

Yes Ive read the guide and turned on the required services already

Just like vcant said the devices installs and runs fine it just doesnt appear in the my computer window, its actually something minor, i just want to know why it doesnt show up like in XP

• 2 weeks later...
It doesn't appears there because this is a Server operating system. It's like, you don't expect to get an MP3 Autoradio with 6-CD charger in a battle tank, or suspensions in a boat. That would be pointless.

lol, good example that :)

It doesn't appears there because this is a Server operating system. It's like, you don't expect to get an MP3 Autoradio with 6-CD charger in a battle tank, or suspensions in a boat. That would be pointless.

lol

thats true, but why they kept the 'Scanners and cameras' tab in the control panel then?

does that mean that there is a place to put the CD-changer in a tank, but it just doesn work properly?? :)

but the whole problem is that i cannot add anything to the tab, the hardware works fine, but doesnt show up..

anyway, i think the conversation is becoming quet pointless, and win2k3 user will just have to do without it... :):rolleyes: