Hello All

WinPE 1.6 not work with Intel PRO 100/1000 VE network card (Intel Driver Set

v 10.3)

i add Intel PRO 100/1000 drivers to WINPE using drvinst.exe and copy

*.inf to winpe\i386 folder

factory -winpe show "network install faild"

ipconfig /all return

Windows IP Configuration

An internal error occurred: The system cannot find the file specified.

Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services for further help.

Additional information: Unable to open registry key for tcpip.

WinPE 1.5 worked with this drivers fine

Use the following as a tempate...

The Intell driver uses more than just the sys and inf files.

Copy *.sys to \i386\system32\drivers

Copy *.dll to \i386\system32

Copy *.exe to \i386\system32

Copy *.din to \i386\system32

Copy *.inf to \i386\inf

Chris

The Intel PRO drivers require executable "prounstl.exe" to exist in I386\System32 folder. This is causing your error.

Al, would this also be true for integration in any pre-install/unattended setup? I had a problem with this just recently, although "human error" (mine) could have been at work. In other words, even if you are going to do a post install, will the INF look for the prounstl.exe? When I did a post install, I don't remember the update driver process going into executable mode. If I remember it correctly, I think it just picked up the driver via INF.

Thanks

The Intel PRO drivers require executable "prounstl.exe" to exist in I386\System32 folder. This is causing your error.

Al, would this also be true for integration in any pre-install/unattended setup? I had a problem with this just recently, although "human error" (mine) could have been at work. In other words, even if you are going to do a post install, will the INF look for the prounstl.exe? When I did a post install, I don't remember the update driver process going into executable mode. If I remember it correctly, I think it just picked up the driver via INF.

Thanks

You certainly pose a valid question; unfortunately I cannot answer. My educated guess is that it will look for and attempt to install that PROUNSTL.EXE file, as we also include it in both of our sysprepped XP and 2K OS ghost image files. However, I can't say for certain that it's actually needed...

Being the kind of guy I am, I'd try it without first. And if it doesn't work, then throw it back in :)

MTalan:

Where did you obtain your Pro 100/1000 driver? And what version is it? I'm using the entire gammut of Intel 100mbit -> 10gbit network drivers without issue (e100b325, e1000325, ixgb325) and as such I know they do function normally within Windows PE 1.6. Are you perhaps booting this over PXE rather than from CD?

Edited by Albuquerque

I use latest driver from Intel Site (Intel Driver Set 10.3),what version of this driver you use? I use WinPE for MS ADS and MS SMS OSD,

I don't have any problem with this drivers in my ADS and SMS Images

I use latest driver from Intel Site (Intel Driver Set 10.3),what version of this driver you use? I use WinPE for MS ADS and MS SMS OSD,

I don't have any problem with this drivers in my ADS and SMS Images

Hmmm, well I'm using Intel 10.3 drivers too without any problems. I'd suggest you try completely rebuilding your Windows PE image from scratch (MKIMG, then DRVINST) and checking again. There must be something wrong with your PE build somehow.

I use Microsoft Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 1 (SP1) OEM Preinstallation Kit (OPK)

W2003 Std SP1 - Source

I rebuild WinPE image

+ add Intel drivers

Network not start

Albuquerque - you use WinPE 1.6 or 1.5

with WinPE 1.5 i don't have any problem with intel drivers

Edited by mtalan

Nope, I'm using the exact same software you are:

Server 2003 SP1

July 2005 Windows Preinstallation Environment OPK (WinPE 1.6)

I do a MKIMG /PNP /WMI

I do a BUILDOPTIONALCOMPONENTS (for WSH and HTA support)

I do the DRVINST and point it to a huge pile of drivers (Network, Video, Mass Storage, etc)

I copy in my scripts, move it to an SDI file, create an ISO, burn it and boot it without any problems.

Edited by Albuquerque

I use a January 17, 2005 Microsoft Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 1 (SP1)

i download it from MS

what date and size of you mkimage.cmd?

Please send you opk\winpe folder

(in zip 5mb size of message)

m.talan@fozzy.ua