REGEDIT DISABLED / RUN in Start gone and disabled

scar123

I dont really know what happened, but I guess my dad installed some viruses on this computer. I ran all the spyware programs / avg virus and detected / cleaned all the viruses out. The only problem now is that I cannot run regedit because it says that it is disabled by the administrator and the run option that I need is also gone from the start menu and is also disabled from the running when i press the windows key and r. Aso the time box on th taskbar shows ???? marks in the end of the time. I posted a screenshot. Can anyone please help me? thank you.

post-96297-1147639608_thumb.jpg

It's controlled by a key in the registry... though since regedit is disabled you'll have to create a .reg file and merge that instead.

Don't know about the Time though... have you tried adjusting the settings in the Time/Date control panel applet?

It's controlled by a key in the registry... though since regedit is disabled you'll have to create a .reg file and merge that instead.

Don't know about the Time though... have you tried adjusting the settings in the Time/Date control panel applet?

how do i create it, the .reg file? and what do i put in it and what do i do???

rename regedit.exe and run it.

then go to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\DisallowRun

and see if regedit.exe is mentioned there. if it is, delete its entry.

after that rename regedit back to its original.

there is no virus just a grat tool ur dad used to disable regedit

here is an image of what u should do >>

u will find run is disable so in order to run Group Policy u will find it here

c:\windows\system32 >> THIS TOOL CALLED gpedit.msc

i wish i colud help

ztf5tk.jpg

Edited by mzar720

there is no virus just a grat tool ur dad used to disable regedit

There may still be some kind of virus or malware installed. I have seen many that disable system tools like msconfig, regedit and task manager. Your advice checking the local group policy is very good though.