[LAN] Question regarding sniffing

I am in a network and I connect to internet through a server. Can the admin of the server spy me ? I mean, can he see what I am doing on the internet ? For example, see which sites I visit, the passwords I enter and read my IM conversations ? Please if someone could point me to a good piece of information regarding this, I would be thankful.

There's more to it than just sniffing packets. If you're performing DNS resolution on that server you mentioned, then the DNS records on that server will give up a bit of information on sites you've gone to. If your network sits behind any sort of router, firewall, proxy, etc. there is the possibility that a syslog daemon is running recording all of that information too.

I second all this info... if your in a network connecting through a router/server/proxy you must assume anything you view/surf/type can be viewed or at least interpreted by admins. Server/Admins are smarter than you may think, don't get yourself in trouble. Just my 2 cents ;)

I am in a network and I connect to internet through a server. Can the admin of the server spy me ? I mean, can he see what I am doing on the internet ? For example, see which sites I visit, the passwords I enter and read my IM conversations ? Please if someone could point me to a good piece of information regarding this, I would be thankful.

i read this topic i am also under a firewall ISA server i am doing some offical work on my Pc now i am in Tension if any one can help us ang give us a good suggestion i will be very thankful

As your netwrok is using proxy, so every link u are visiting can be monitored by ur Network admin. As far as sniffing is concerned u should leave it on ur Network Admin discretion wether he wants it or not (bcz not much is in ur control as u would not be even Local Administrator).

i read this topic i am also under a firewall ISA server i am doing some offical work on my Pc now i am in Tension if any one can help us ang give us a good suggestion i will be very thankful

A simple suggestion, there is not enough places to hide as u go through different service resources, they can all create logs. So dont try to be fancy adn be careful.

Regards,

Yasir

As your netwrok is using proxy, so every link u are visiting can be monitored by ur Network admin. As far as sniffing is concerned u should leave it on ur Network Admin discretion wether he wants it or not (bcz not much is in ur control as u would not be even Local Administrator).

A simple suggestion, there is not enough places to hide as u go through different service resources, they can all create logs. So dont try to be fancy adn be careful.

Regards,

Yasir

Ooo thanks Yasir for for suggestions but there i like to tell you iam using Internet from since 1998 (via dial up) in dial up you know too many users connected to server soo its little bit difficalt to monitor any one but i am using Cable net now its not popular as well only 4 to 8 users online at a time soo they monitor us and

checked our official sensitive data :}