Spare Parts

Shadowarez

Its been a very long time sicne iv posted here, been alot of htigns goin on but enogh talk lol, heres my Q i have a plethora of spare parts 2 rigs actually 1 is a old anmd that can hit 3ghz on air, the other is a mad 64 ssytem i wanna know what i can do with em,

1 old rig #1

asus A7N8X Deluxe rev 2.0

amd 1800+ (3.01ghz)

1 gig ddr 333 Corsair

160gb wd ata 133 8MB

Geforce FX 5900 128 mb

Enermax 350 watt psu

Game theater XP 7.1

2 Current Rig

MSI K8T Neo 2-f

amd 64 3200+

1 gig DDr 400 Kingston

Thermaltake 460 True power 2.0

wd 200 gig sata,

wd 160 gig E-sata

LG Flatron 17 4ms LCD

3,new rig

DFI LAnparty Ut SLI-DR Expert

Enermax Liberty 620A

2gigs OCZ Gold Series

Duel 7900gt Evga 512

150 gig sata Raptor

500 gig Maxline 3 E-sata

amd 170 opty

the new rig si in peices waitingo n a few more parts as of this post, i need to know whould i turn the old amd 1800+ that hits 3ghz into a server or make it a htpc, and the msi that cant oc for its life :realmad: into a server?

Edited by Shadowarez

thnx i was thinking of that since it had alot of power to work through anythign, does anyone know how to add those RCa ports to these HTPCs like the hush multimedia pcs? do i need to have a certin type of soundcard or is their a add-in i can put on it so i can connect the sound form the htpc to my home entertainment system? also the a64 3200+ msi ssytem would it be wise to turn it into a IAS server and have my network run through that>? or just let my gmaing router handle that? and just throw few 500s into it and make it a 1U server i the corner of the room? i have the dlink wireless media center ($399) so i was thinkign of putting a storage area for fiels in one sys and the other a htpc for recording tv and what not, ill get into that later when i get the case, thnx for pointing me towards that one i was looking at a ntec minute or soemthign a tiny one but i think that will match most of the hardware out in the Entertainemt room,