Super Windows XP SP1 CD (Post 2)

I've noticed that even though commands exits in my main_batch.cmd file for removing the screensavers, when windows starts the screensaver files are all still there and in working order. Has anyone else ecountered this?

Sometimes the Windows XP CD will act like a 2nd DLLCACHE. It helps to take the CD out during batch run.

Adobe Reader 6 is the updated Acrobat Reader 5, instructions are on site as well as WinRAR 3.20
Awesome! Thanks alot.
Sometimes the Windows XP CD will act like a 2nd DLLCACHE. It helps to take the CD out during batch run.

I'll give this a try.

Also, is there a way to integrate the Administrator password so that you don't have to enter it to continue with the batch files installations?

Adobe Reader 6 is the updated Acrobat Reader 5, instructions are on site as well as WinRAR 3.20

for NAV 2003, its NAV.msi /QB (or /QN). Systemworks and Personal firewall should be the same as they use MSI files too.

ISObuster doesn't have any silent install switches, but try using an app like Auto-It or AI Snapshot (part of Symantec Ghost Corp.) to take a snapshot of your system before and after installation, so it knows what files and registry entries to put in.

:) Thanks for the tips on the swithes

Also, is there a way to integrate the Administrator password so that you don't have to enter it to continue with the batch files installations?

Winnt.sif:

[GuiUnattended]

AdminPassword="password"

EncryptedAdminPassword=NO

AutoLogon=Yes

Add AutoLogonCount=x if you want it to autologon a couple of times before creating your own account. Where x is a number.

Thanks Aaron. Sorry to do this, but it seems like evertime i think I've got it all figured out, something else pops up that I have a question about. And in keeping with that theme:

Created a new thread per your request in this thread.

First, a LOT of thanks for the fabulous guide. :)

I've searched the forum before asking but haven't found what i was looking for so please excuse me if my question has already been answered.

I've almost done what I expected, but there's still one thing which annoys me :

In winnt.sif, section [Data], the "AutoPartition" fonction disturbs me...

In the ref.chm, they say it "Installs Windows to the first available partition that has adequate space for a Windows installation and does not already contain an installed version of Windows."

Okay, and it's not what I want. But if i put this to 0, what will the install do ?

I wish i could specify in the .sif which disk to format (1:0 for example) and then to use for the install.

Or, if it is possible, it would be cool to manually do this part of the install

But i've not seen (in the help) any switch that could allow me to do this (i.e. a AutoPartition=2, which would enter the classic (blue, not graphical) interactive mode)

The only thing gien by the help is that "If you do not set the value, text-mode Setup installs Windows on the partition where $WIN_NT$.~LS is located."

Could someone explain this or suggest me something else ?

Thanks.

First, a LOT of thanks for the fabulous guide. :)

I've searched the forum before asking but haven't found what i was looking for so please excuse me if my question has already been answered.

I've almost done what I expected, but there's still one thing which annoys me :

In winnt.sif, section [Data], the "AutoPartition" fonction disturbs me...

In the ref.chm, they say it "Installs Windows to the first available partition that has adequate space for a Windows installation and does not already contain an installed version of Windows."

Okay, and it's not what I want. But if i put this to 0, what will the install do ?

I wish i could specify in the .sif which disk to format (1:0 for example) and then to use for the install.

Or, if it is possible, it would be cool to manually do this part of the install

But i've not seen (in the help) any switch that could allow me to do this (i.e. a AutoPartition=2, which would enter the classic (blue, not graphical) interactive mode)

The only thing gien by the help is that "If you do not set the value, text-mode Setup installs Windows on the partition where $WIN_NT$.~LS is located."

Could someone explain this or suggest me something else ?

Thanks.

if it is set to 0 then it will ask you wat u wish to do e.g where to install and it will give the option to format so that part is user interactive.

:rolleyes:

you will need Repartition=No as well.

The bottom of this page says:

If you prefer to manually choose a partition during text-mode setup with full control on filesystems, then make sure you have these lines under the [Data] and [unattended] sections in winnt.sif:

[Data]

AutoPartition=0

[unattended]

Repartition=No

Then, when setup asks you to choose a disk/partition to install to, make sure you delete the partition and re-create it so that you are prompted for a choice of file system to install. If you don't, then setup will proceed to install Windows XP, regardless of whatever filesystem there currently is.

I'm still having a couple problems (of course :)) that I can't quite figure out. Most importantly, my applications.cmd batch stops prematurely. I don't know what I've done, but hopefully someone can enlighten me:

CLS
@echo off
ECHO.
ECHO Installing ATI Control Panel for Catalyst 3.6
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\ATI_CP_3_6\Setup.exe -s -f1"%systemdrive%\install\Applications\ATI_CP_3_6\setup.iss"

ECHO.
ECHO Installing Nero Burning ROM
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\Nero\Nero551042.exe /silent /noreboot
ECHO.
ECHO Registering Nero Burning ROM...
REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\install\Applications\Nero\register.reg

ECHO Installing .NET Framework v1.1
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\NetFramework\netfx.msi /QB

ECHO.
ECHO Installing ZoneAlarm Free 3.7.202
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\ZoneAlarm\zasetup_37_202.exe /s

ECHO.
ECHO Installing Winfast TV Tuner Apps
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\ALL_TVAP_30130\Setup.exe -s -f1"%systemdrive%\install\Applications\ALL_TVAP_30130\setup.iss"

ECHO.
ECHO Installing WinRAR 3.20
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\WinRAR\wrar320.exe /s

ECHO.
ECHO Installing DivX 5.0.5
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\DivX\DivX505Bundle.exe /s

ECHO.
ECHO Installing TweakUI 2.10 Powertoy
COPY "%systemdrive%\install\PowerToys\TweakUI.exe" "%systemroot%\System32\"
COPY "%systemdrive%\install\PowerToys\TweakUI 2.10 Powertoy.lnk" "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\"
ECHO.
ECHO Installing Command Prompt Here Powertoy
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\PowerToys\CmdHerePowertoySetup.exe /s /v/qn

ECHO.
ECHO Deleting useless ASP.NET User Account created by .NET Framework 1.1...
start /wait DELUSER /Q aspnet

ECHO.
ECHO Restarting the PC in 2 minutes...
psshutdown.exe -r -t 60 -f -m "Windows XP will now restart in 1 minute, this will give enough time for the shortcuts to update and for the shell to fully load before its ready to restart!"
ECHO.
ECHO Deleting Temp Installation Files...
RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\install
RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\Drivers
ECHO.
EXIT

The batch file stopped just before it installed WinRAR, for the record. :rolleyes:

Second, I found all the registry keys that need to be changed to enable the "silver" theme and have even done so through a .reg file, but I can't get it working in my regtweaks.reg file. I've probably got something set wrong in the winnt.sif file that I haven't noticed which is causing the batch files to be run under the administrator account (although I could've sworn I had everything set right to avoid this). I guess I might as well post that, too. :D

;SetupMgrTag
[Data]
   AutoPartition=0
   MsDosInitiated="0"
   UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[Unattended]
   UnattendMode=FullUnattended
   OemSkipEula=Yes
   Repartition=No
   OemPreinstall=Yes
   TargetPath=\WINDOWS
   AutoActivate=Yes
   WaitForReboot=No
   UnattendSwitch=no
   OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\Catalyst3_6KXP_INF;Drivers\Nforce2\AudioDrv;drivers\Nforce2\AudioUtl;drivers\Nforce2\Ethernet;drivers\Nforce2\GART;drivers\Nforce2\MemCtl;drivers\Nforce2\SMBus;drivers\Nforce2\USB;drivers\TV_Tuner"
   DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

[GuiUnattended]
   AdminPassword=c665c788563ce4414549de11f7e8ccc2064c23bfcf039474f84ac63d4402d4db
   EncryptedAdminPassword=Yes
   OEMSkipRegional=1
   TimeZone=40
   OemSkipWelcome=1

[UserData]
   ProductKey=removed
   FullName="Richard Bach"
   OrgName=""
   ComputerName=SHODAN

[Display]
   BitsPerPel=32
   Xresolution=1024
   YResolution=768
   Vrefresh=85

[RegionalSettings]
   LanguageGroup=1
   Language=00000409

[Shell]
   DefaultStartPanelOff = Yes

[Identification]
   JoinWorkgroup=HOME

[Networking]
   InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

[Components]
   AccessOpt = Off
   AutoUpdate = Off
   dialer = off
   iis_webadmin = off
   media_clips = off
   OEAccess = off
   Paint = off
   rec = off
   templates = off
   msmsgs=off
   msnexplr=off
   freecell=off
   hearts=off
   minesweeper=off
   pinball=off
   solitaire=off
   spider=off
   zonegames=off

[GuiRunOnce]
   %systemdrive%\install\main.cmd
   %systemdrive%\install\hotfixes.cmd
   %systemdrive%\install\applications.cmd

Finally, that color depth and refresh rate problem still lingers. I don't see what the problem could be: I'm using the very same settings I specified in the .sif file right now, so it can't be an issue of the monitor or video card not supporting them and, in fact, my card is a Radeon 9500 and seeing as others have installed the catalyst drivers successfully I assume they haven't had trouble or they would've mentioned it. :D

When you say that applications.cmd stops, does the system restart?

It looks like Winfast TV Tuner Apps is causing the problem, a bad setup.iss file is most likely.

Beware... Norton Systemworks 2003 used with the /QB or /QN switch will restart the system after install is complete. Its a silent install though...but the switch doesn't avoid a restart.

Have been searching the e-net for a solution but I think you need some sort of resource kit like the office resource kit...

BTW...I'm kinda new here (as a poster that is) :)

TheRaven

Question: does someone know the silent install switch for Irfanview? Have mailed the author about this, but no reply yet...

With systemworks, try:

start /wait filename.msi "/QB REBOOT=Suppress"

This method worked on the Kerio firewall 4 beta which used /s /v"/qn REBOOT=Suppress" but it might work because MSI files uses the qn (or qb) switch too.