Super Windows XP SP1 CD (Post 2)

:/ AaronXP after i posted my request for a second cd link i was thinking about it until i check your rely to my question you said that the $OEM$\$1\ gets copy over when the start menu is installing and stuff like that but when the batch files is running the computer has finshed setup and is installing the hacks etc. on my CD the C:\install is not delete when finshed and the batch files dose not restart the computer. So just at the end of the batch file i could maybe add a command line to ask for a second CD it just a thought your CD may be different to mine...... some thing like

ECHO Second CD

start /wait %X%\second_bacth.cmd

second batch beening on the other CD and X beening the CD-Rom drive.

You are correct, this could be possible. You will have to do a CD-swap at the correct time because I'm not sure of any DOS commands that can detect a CD tray ejection and re-insert.

You will have to use a full path to your second CD. e.g:

start /wait F:\Applications\Norton2003\NAV\NAV.msi /QB

If you have two CD-ROM drives, use the drive letter of the 2nd CD-ROM. If you only have one, then you can swap the CD once the batch starts as the Windows XP CD is no longer needed.

Hope it works!

ECHO Installing ISOBuster....

start /wait F:\install\ISOBuster\setup.exe /Q /M /Z

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Kazaa Lite 2.41e

start /wait F:\install\Kazaa\setup.exe /Q /M /Z

ECHO.

ECHO Installing nVidia Gforce 4 MX-440se Drivers

start /wait F:\install\gforce\setup.exe -s -f1"%systemdrive%\install\gforce\setup.iss"

ECHO.

This works for me as a CD in my second cd-rom which is a cd-rw drive i dont think this has any effect on it...not shaw about that (Did have with PB-Restore CD which came with my PC). Problem is ISOBuster and Kazaa dont install without any user interaction which is a problem

I wonder if it would be possible to track the changes a program's installer makes to the registry, etc and then make a batch file to do those things and copy the program's data to its install directory. For example, say you're installing Winamp. I think it ought to be possible to copy its program files from CD (what is in the winamp directory) and the necessary registry keys for the program to run, thereby circumventing the Nullsoft installer entirely. Of course, you might not have the possibility of uninstalling a program, but I don't think that'd be a real issue anyway. So, does anyone know if there's a way to do what I'm thinking?

:) It may be possiable to do this good idea but if your are trying to install winamp then i think there is a way to do it without have to do wat u are thinking but that is a good idea it maybe useful for other programs like WinRAR.

If you have restore CD's which came with your computer there normal dont contain any files which are useful to you they mainly contain self running programs that restore your computer and they do not contain any windows files to make a super windows CD but!!!! *cough*You could download a copy of windows from a P-2-P network and use that to make a Super CD *cough*

I realise I can simply download Windows XP off a P2P share network, but I was hoping it wouldn't have to come to that for two reasons:

1. I'm on 56k. My maximum downstream speed is 7.6kb, quite fast for dial-up but still pathetic when compared to cable or ADSL.

2. Several large files on programs such as Kazaa Lite or WinMX can be fake, and I don't think the "Find Alternates" for MX helps much either. So I could end up downloading some file just masked as XP.

I can't get the cd from a friend, because apparently it locks onto the specifications and computer when first run so it can't work with any other system. That's at least what I assume, since it must be heavily protected.

But, if the recovery is of no use then I guess I'll have to use the P2P software. Thanks for the help AaronXP, Terminator3.

-Nemosta

works for alcohol 120%

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Alcohol 120%

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Alcohol\setup.msi /QB

ECHO.

ECHO Registering Alcohol 120%

REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\install\Alcohol\alc120.reg

alc120.reg =

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120%\Info]

"UserName"="Who"

"Company"="What"

"SerialNo"="****"

Bachus - you can use AutoIt to install apps that don't silently install. You first install it normally and AutoIt tracks the changes it makes to the system. Be warned though, they're often unreliable. http://www.hiddensoft.com/autoit/

Terminator3 - you were using hotfix switches for ISObuster and Kazaa. Those switches are only for Windows Update hotfixes! But anyway, IsoBuster and Kazza is next on my to-do list. :)

rstryker - Metapad is an improved notepad replacement, http://welcome.to/metapad/ and UPTIME.exe is a file I got from Microsoft back in the Win2k days, it tells your PC uptime in the command prompt when executed.

Firstly thanks for great instructions with unattended installion, great work!

Secondly I'm not so aware of different type of installation packages, so if just someone would know which the best way of installing omega drivers for radeon, mouseware, powerstrip and zonealarm I would be thankful.

Thanks allready!

Firstly thanks for great instructions with unattended installion, great work!

glad you liked it :)

Secondly I'm not so aware of different type of installation packages, so if just someone would know which the best way of installing omega drivers for radeon, mouseware, powerstrip and zonealarm I would be thankful.

Have you checked to see if any of those apps use Installshield/wise/windows installer? (there are dedicated pages on this in the Applications section). I will probably improve those pages to help easily identify a specific installer.

:) AaronXP i think this is correct for it to install Norton Firewall 2003 and Norton Antivirus 2003 not sure is it?

ECHO Installing Norton Personal Firewall

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\NPW\NPF.exe /QB

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Nortons AntiVirus 2003 Pro

start /wait D:\install\NAV\setup.exe /QB

ECHO.

I will probably improve those pages to help easily identify a specific installer.

Really nice to hear, because I understood the idea there, I read those before asking but wasn't sure what kind of installer those are. Only one which was clear was *.msi :)

Hmmm... I noticed that you can recognize installshiel setup by the text on the start and I tried -R to two of those. Neither one didn't make setup.iss to the C:\WINDOWS. Where's the problem, or how can I recognize those setup types if those aren't installshields even it reads on the start? :/

Hi Guys

Does anyone no where i can get the drivers for a SigmaTel Major C Soundcard as the drivers i have will not install without any user interaction and the currect drivers is just one setup file and cannot have the files extracted from it so i can doing anything with it. :)