Viewsonic 56G Wireless Card

Has anyone been able to get the viewsonic wireless card (WPCC100) work with their software under W98SE?

I keep getting errors like it expects XP (call errors, etc)....but the documentation says it will work with 98SE. Seems like they are not supporting their card now.

...ooops...realized it was posted in the wrong section but could not delete the post!.....

Edited by jasinwa

Has anyone been able to get the viewsonic wireless card (WPCC100) work with their software under W98SE?

I keep getting errors like it expects XP (call errors, etc)....but the documentation says it will work with 98SE. Seems like they are not supporting their card now.

...ooops...realized it was posted in the wrong section but could not delete the post!.....

uh yeah, whoops but I think you can download the Viewsonic Wireless WPCC100 drivers for Win98 here:

http://www.viewsonic.com/support/drivers/d...oduct&os_key=10

try installing those drivers instead of the ones that came with the wireless adapter. maybe you used the wrong drivers and should use the ones provided at the Viewsonic support site. remove the old drivers first before installing the correct drivers.

also, can you test out the Viewsonic wireless WPCC100 network adapter on a Win98se computer with the 98se service pack installed?

Edited by erpdude8

thx...I did indeed try those drivers. The version is the same as the one on the CD...

the pc I use is a very old notebook, but it has Gape's latest SP.

I get an error as if it's expecting XP...I will try again just so I can get the error info and post it.