UPS Power backup - will this do?

ThA_FiLeR

Many t-storms around my area lately and I get a power reset 90% of the time so I'm looking for a power backup and I happen to see a 350VA Belkin UPC @ OfficeMax for only $20(after rebate) and today I tested my computer power usage, with a digital meter between computer and power jack it measured 143watts which would be about 263VA and I don't know how much my monitor takes but wouldnt be bothered if I cant connect that since I can turn that right back on.. Anyone know about Belkin or this model?

FUL1_F6H350-SER.jpg

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage...oduct_Id=122997

-Thanx

I just bought this one yesterday....... Energizer Pro 1000

One of the best features of a UPS is voltage regulation. This however does not come with the less costly models. I payed $105 USD after a $35 rebate from Staples. This UPS is a 1000 VA 500W which will more than handle my needs. I actually have 2 computers plugged into the UPS. The power load is only at 45% at this time. Now the monitors are not plugged into the UPS, only the 2 computer boxes, cable modem, router, USB hub. Since the UPS has voltage regulation I wanted to have only the necessary items on the UPS. Of course the best thing to have is 2 UPS units but I did not have the money for that at this time. Oh yes the UPS also has RJ45 in and out for surge protection on the LAN. As well the software will shut down my main computer after the power has been out for 5 min. Also this unit has 6 outlets that are all surge protected and battery backed up. This is a plus.....

I researched for about a week and this is the best deal I could find...

:)

I have the 500VA belkin...it lasted me less than seven minutes after a full charge and I removed power.

Plugged in were:

--Two monitors (because if the warning or program I am working with is on the one that shuts off, what good does it do me not to have it plugged in? Grr)

--My Athlon XP 2100+,

--(3) 512MB DDR DIMMs

--430W Antec PSU

--(4) case fans

--Radeon 9700

--(3) Hard drives

Seven minutes? At that rate, all it should power is my alarm clock :)