Answer to why I hate WinXP crap

moo

Dear supervisor Martin L.

I do not wanna to start discussion or something similar because this is tech forum,but I think that you should follow MSFN Forums rules too.

1.rule 7b “...People who do not respect personal opinions and/or personal work will be warned....”

2.If I do not agree with Mr.Bush what he is doing in Iraq do not means that I don't love USA or I'm terrorist. So, please be careful with your words and respect personal opinions according your rules.

Best regards

Moo

Hello mate,

I think you may have some valid points in your previous post. If you would have taken a few deep breaths, counted to ten, and then posted, your post may have not been such a rant.

I agree that the topic shouldn't be locked. And the words the moderator used were totally uncalled for. I would have liked to discuss some of your points with you. Again, on a few I will have to agree with you. For a few others I think there may be registry edits to fix (like when you insert a RAM disk and the menu pops up).

I personally like WinXP a lot. In my opinion its by far MS's best OS. But that's just me.

Cheers,

'nuff

Hmmm, I would too love to hear rather some arguments and constructive discussion. I probably (it is very likely) won't change my optinion, but maybe some of these annoyances could be cured? Maybe even the XP crap coudl use as small task button gadgets as W2k does? Maybe...

You know :blushing:

But as long, as there is not possible the public debate, there is not possible anything.

I would have to say that WinXP upto SP2 was absolutely crap, it was a joke when it first came out SP1 was just as much of a joke, Then SP2 came out and providing that you did a clean install with SP2 integrated into the source everything would be fine.

Also an Nlited XP is easily as fast as 2k. 2003 is still my personal favourite, its far more reliable as well as faster than both XP and 2k

When compared to any other operating system MS has released WinXP is far better. The problem I have with it is MS has crammed so much crap into it it takes a user so much time to remove or turn off half the stuff that isn't needed.

For years MS had its act together, more or less, and we had home systems and Business systems.

NT was never designed for the novice home user. It was a Business system with all the security and bells and whistles required to operate in the business environment. An IT manager was essential.

Then MS got lazy and decided in their infinite wisdom, that they no longer wanted to support two entirely different OS's. So we got XP, injected into our computers and our lives like an Enema. :angry:

There is just one option and that is to keep using an outdated OS, like Windows 98/SE, or Linux or just go with the flow and learn how to deal with XP. I have found that preferrable.

That's what I've been doing for a few years now. Digging into every aspect of XP to make it work better, faster and more friendly. I've been fairly successful. I can take any new computer, right out of the box, and improve the performance of that computer by at least 100%. It's what I do for a living.

Between the bloat built into XP with the totally redundant Services that they load by default, and the excessive Bloatware and even Spyware installed by the PC manufacturers, XP is so loaded down that it can hardly run at all.

On a brand new PC right out of the box, it takes me about three hours to set up the PC, clean out all the bloatware, disable all the redundant Services and install all the needed Security Software.

(I use batch files to install software and VBScripts to tweak the registry, to save time.)

Once the system is all cleaned out and customized, I like to make a Ghost Image of the C: drive and burn it to a bootable DVD. This assures a return to that point if something later screws things up.

Beats the heck out of those Restore disks from the manufacturer, if they even provided one.

Many times, the user has to make their own.

Once I'm done setting up XP, it's actually a pretty nice OS. Much nicer than Windows ME, for instance. :thumbup

I'm sorry that this got a bit long......

cheers3.gif

Andromeda43 B)

MS has crammed so much crap into it it takes a user so much time to remove or turn off half the stuff that isn't needed.

If it wasn't like this a lot of people would complain why Windows XP doesn't have this "crap" on it... :lol:

MS has crammed so much crap into it it takes a user so much time to remove or turn off half the stuff that isn't needed.

If it wasn't like this a lot of people would complain why Windows XP doesn't have this "crap" on it... :lol:

So very true. Life and everything in life is a double edge sword.

Heh, now I realized who you are Chris, haven't noticed ur sig before ;) You weren't much active on MSFN lately.. :)

Heh, now I realized who you are Chris, haven't noticed ur sig before ;) You weren't much active on MSFN lately.. :)

Not to get to far off topic but yes, I haven't been very active on the forums due to life in the business world. I spend less time troubleshooting MS products and more time trouble shooting Linux issues. :lol:

If things work out I'll be around MSFN more often.

You shouldn't create another thread just because you don't agree with what Martin L did. You should PM him, and explain why you don't think he took right choice. (Wich is also on the rules)

I'm sure he respects other's opinions as much as you do, however, the way they were presented was not the best. And that's why the thread was closed.

I don't think you should be judging what he did, afterall he is (aswell as the rest of the team) for you (and all the other members). If he decided to close the thread, it's because it was the right thing to do (I would have done the same).

Dear supervisor Martin L.

I do not wanna to start discussion or something similar because this is tech forum,but I think that you should follow MSFN Forums rules too.

1.rule 7b “...People who do not respect personal opinions and/or personal work will be warned....”

2.If I do not agree with Mr.Bush what he is doing in Iraq do not means that I don't love USA or I'm terrorist. So, please be careful with your words and respect personal opinions according your rules.

Best regards

Moo

On behalf of MSFN I apologize. I'm sure that was mistake and will never happen again.

Welcome to MSFN

Case closed.