Logon Interactively

I tried to repair my internet connection in a management console, and have accidently shut myself out. :blushing: When I startup my computer, and get to the logon page, I get his message

"The local Policy of the System does not pemit you to logon interactively".

Reïnstall Windows Server 2003 Enerprise doesn't work, because it won't work under DOS. :blushing:

Can anyone help me? I heard I might try to boot from a distance (from another computer who also has Server 2003). Never done this and don't know anyone and don't have another computer.

Please give an advice or otherwise

Greetings,

Jojo

Utrecht

The netherlands

:}

If this 2003 server is part of a domain, then you can start the server in Safe Mode, as this will not then interrogate the domain SAM.

From there, you can log in with the original Local Administrator account, and create a new account that can be logged on.

You may also create a virtual server on another machine, join it to the domain, DCPromo it, and then modify the domain settings that way.

If it is not part of a domain, then try the safe mode option anyway.

To start the server in Safe Mode

= In the safe mode I have to logon too.

...as this will not then interrogate the domain SAM.

= I don't understand what/who is SAM?

You may also create a virtual server on another machine, join it to the domain, DCPromo it, and then modify the domain settings that way= Even if I found another Machine, I dont't think I know the Domain name, and DCPromo etc = ???

Color = Quote

Thanx for :( the Reaction

To start the server in Safe Mode

= In the safe mode I have to logon too.

...as this will not then interrogate the domain SAM.

= I don't understand what/who is SAM?

You may also create a virtual server on another machine, join it to the domain, DCPromo it, and then modify the domain settings that way= Even if I found another Machine, I dont't think I know the Domain name, and DCPromo etc = ???

Color = Quote

Thanx for :( the Reaction

OK, first things first...

Is the computer part of a domain, or is it just a standalone windows 2003 enterprise server?

SAM=Security Account Management Database, or basically, where all the account information is stored.

If the computer is part of a domain, then there will be a domain SAM, and a local SAM.

Safe Mode logon would be with the local adminsitrator account which was created when you installed the server.

Did you build this server? or is it one that was built for you?

DCPromo is the command to make the server a domain controller within a domain.

There are tools available on the internet which will give you the ability to boot to a disk, and add a local administrator account on the server. I can't give you any specifics on this however, as these are classed as hacking tools.

Thanx. I'm -of course- very interested in the last part of your Message at he moment.

If you'd lik to write personally: (1 of) my Email-Adress(es)are on the Bottom.

My Server is 1 computer, standalone. The Enterprise version was put on my computer by a friend and I have a copy of the cd.

Right now I'm at a Sort of Offfice, which I will have to leave at 11.30 hour, and I can be back in the first half of the Afternoon. If there are any Programs to be downloaded and burned on cd, I could do that at the place where I followed a computer-course.

Hope I gave enough info for to give info.

:blink:

E-mail: JojoUtrecht@hotmail.com

Edited by Gouki

I am afraid you will have to use Google for the tools, I personally don't have any of them, or know where to find them. I have seen them for Windows XP and 2000, just not yet for 2003.

There are emergency tools available to purchase that would help, you may want to have a look at the Wininternals Website for these.

Edited by Grunth0s

@ JojoUtrecht:

Do not post your phone number. I have edited your post.

When you want to make a reply, use the 'Fast Reply' or 'Add Reply' buttons. Don't use the Report button.

If you need anything else, PM me.