Help in booting Windows2K Professional....

Hi friends im new to this forum. I got a problem with my win2K when there was a power problem n its not booting into windows2000. it says file missing in WinNT\System32\Config\. i use WinXp n Win2K professional. so if i reistall win2k i again have 2 install winxp. so can any one tell me a solution to repair this problem. thanks in advance.....

You should still be able to repair this with the repair console (F8 during win2k startup), without impacting your 2k installation.

Also, you should be able to re-install over the top of the existing 2k install without affecting the XP install (other than adding an extra win2k option to your boot.ini).

Just don't let 2k try to format anything as part of the install, and point it to the same location as the one you had previously (I am pretty sure it will let you, but it will b***h about it).

RoughGuy please don't use report button instead of reply button..

Report button is used when the topic is missplaced or the topic contains something that is against the MSFN posting rules.. :)

Oh sorry guys.... but i tried reply button also n i could not see my post thats y tried it twice..... sorry for the mistake, as im new to this form i still dont know hw to use it....