Burning Software

bjorland

Three weeks ago I installed InCD v4.0.17 on WinXP which ultimately caused WinXP to blue screen with unmountable boot volume etc. I since then Nero 5.5.1028 refused to burn any CD's on my machine. I then had the CDRW tested, to which I got a answer of "Its burning". I then installed my CDRW in my brothers machine who is running Win98SE, installed Nero, same thing, ejecting the CD saying no space on the media. So I thought the CDRW might be broken.

I then installed the drive back into my machine, installed Nero 5.5.1042 and still got the same message. I then installed NTI CD-Maker Platinum 6 and it burned a CD for me without any problem. No I just can't understand how can Nero all of a sudden not work anymore on my pc, and it used to work since version 4. :)

What Conan said. InCD works well on some people's PCs and seems to not work at all on some people's PCs. Un-install Nero and reinstall without InCD. You really only need it for packet writing. Be sure to remove the Ahead directory in program files before re-installing Nero. Some people have found it necessary to remove all instances of Nero in the registry. If your PC has one hard drive, one CD-ROM, and one CD R/W you don't need InCD. Just make sure the two CD Drives are on separate IDE channels, and the CD Writer is the last drive letter in the chain. Burn everything with Disk at Once (DAO) if possible. Also, disable XPs burning engine and un-install any Roxio CD Recording software. The newer versions of Roxio CD Creator and Nero 5.5.x do seem to co-exist together, so un-installing Roxio may not be necessary. I find Nero does it all when it is the only CD Recorder software on the PC. But thats just me.