How can i save my programs' registry entries to keep my settings

Ryaren

So I would like to make some *.reg files from my programs' settings, because it is too longer to configure my prgorams everytime when I need to re-install my windows.

I tried to export the firefox settings but it didn't work. I tried to export from HKLM and HKCU the Mozilla entries, but it wasn't good, this method didn't configure FireFox how I wanted.

Please take some advice in this problem! Thank You very much!

You've gone Bear Hunting with a switch. Get a gun! :thumbup

You may, because of language differences, miss the point of my little joke. Sorry!

The cleanest and easiest thing you can possibly do to stop that cycle of

Reload Windows, Reload and reset programs, is to just get everything

the way you want it and then make yourself a Ghost Image of your HD

and save it to a second HD partition, or a second HD, or Burn the Image directly to a DVD.

(or set of CD's)

Then if you have a problem warranting a reload, just stick in the DVD and restore your

Image file and everything is right back where you want it to be.

I've been doing this for years for myself and my customers, using the "Ghost 2003"

program.

For the most simple way of doing this I use the Ghost.exe file from a boot floppy or boot CD

(I've created both).

Since you told us nothing about your system, I don't know what hardware you have to do what I do, but Ghost is so versatile that it will work with just about anything.

My own Ghost Image file takes up a little over 4.5 gigs, so a hard drive or DVD is my only practical choice of a target location. I do the backup to my second HD for a 4 minute backup and to a DVD once a week for a longer but more permanent backup.

Once a week, that DVD winds up in a fireproof vault twenty miles away.

If you want to set up this process for yourself, PM me. I won't go into details here.

Cheers,

Andromeda43 B)

You've gone Bear Hunting with a switch. Get a gun! :thumbup

You may, because of language differences, miss the point of my little joke. Sorry!

Do the language differences seem as much as that? You are right, because I'm form Hungary but I understood your joke! ;)

First time I tried out the Norton Ghost but on my configuration hadn't worked... In the "welcome screen" (u know the big blue screen with Symantec Corporation line at the top) my computer stopped and then didn't move... I've not corrected this problem, yet.. So that's why I try to make a good Unattendant Windows Install CD/DVD :)

But thank you for your good idea!

For firefox, you need to backup your profile located in
C:\Documents and Settings\YourLoginName\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox

Thank you very much! It is working!

Edited by Ryaren