hard disk problem

nibraz

I installed a hard disk (sata) and it doesnt show up in My Computer it does however show in disk management but it doesnt have a drive letter. When I right click I only get the option ''Delete Partition'' I dont wont to delete it cause all my account works, database, etc etc.. important files are in there, if I delete it I am totaly screwed. I do have a external hard disk encloser but thats for IDE interface not for sata. Hope you guys can help me, would me mean alot.

Thank you.

Edited by nibraz

Do you get the "change drive letter and paths" option when you right click the drive in "disk management"? After re-reading your post, my guess is no.

What file system are you using on the system drive and also on the "new" drive?

What OS are you using?

What OS was the "new drive" originally from?

Do you know if this was a dynamic disk in the "new drive's" old system?

Do you have access to the old system the "new drive" came from?

This is my 2nd sata hard drive, my first ide drive works just fine and shows in my computer. Their is no systems installed on my 2nd drive, only files, docs etc.. I am running windows xp x64. My first ide drive is ntfs and when I try to see what type the 2nd drive is in disk management its empty :?:

Maybe I wasn't clear...

What I am trying to find out is; Where did this "new disk" come from? It must have been installed in something else for it to have data on it that you now need in this machine. It may be quite helpful to know more about the setup that this "new drive" came from. If this "other machine" (the doaner of the "new disk") was not a 64 bit machine, there may be issues in accessing the drive as it currently is.

Thanks for the help guys, now it works, I changed it to Dynalmic from disk management and it works fine lost a bit work but oh well.

and nevertheless...

It isn`t well... Maybe SATA turn on to RAID-mode in BIOS Setup... Try check it and turn off...