shall i do it?

Hi,

I was wondering is windows xp x64 worth installing? The main reason I want to do this is because of I have 4gb of ram and my 32bit xp os doesnt seem to reconise these rams, it only shows 3gb. Here is my hardware setup:

Amd Athlon 64 X2 Dual core 4400+

4GB Of Supertalent Rams

Asrock Motherboard

x2 Hard Drive 250+80 GB

Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatility

Asus EN6200 Graphics Card

So is it worth installing the 64bit os?

What do you think which one is better overall 32bit or 64bit? Which os can have a higher rating? Please help, I am stuck on confusion :confused:

Also I cant find any x64 driver for my hardware, does anyone know where to get Asus EN6200 TC 256MB driver for x64?

Thanks!

nvidia provides the generic forceware driver for all nvidia-based graphic cards, so that's outta your way. the rest is either on your hardware producer site or on the sites of the chipsets producers. IMHO x64 is better than x32 as it eats instructions faster. But then again, i never had problems with drivers...

yup, even though true 64bit handling most likely will at best start from introduction of vista Q2 (or Q3) 2007, it still will handle your RAM better alos it will handle some tasks mutch faster, (example: compression (with 7zip), webbrowsing with Firfox, (not office though, nor MS nog OO.org have 64bit versions, n'or will the arive soon, some other sofware have ports to 64bit, but most are just ports and not otimized versions.

another thing though is that xp64 is based on the NT5.2 kernel (where is xp32 stil uses 5.1).

I got two big problems right now. Hope you guys can help. Here it is:

1: I have a bt voyager 105 adsl usb modem and the drivers doesnt install, does anyone know where to get one for x64?

2: I installed a hard disk (sata) and it doesnt show up in My Computer it does however show in disk management but it doesnt have a drive letter. When I right click I only get the option ''Delete Partition'' I dont want to delete it cause all my account works, database, etc etc.. important files are in there, if I delete it I am totaly screwed. I do have a external hard disk encloser but thats for IDE interface not for sata. Hope you guys can help me, would me mean alot.

Thank you.

I got two big problems right now. Hope you guys can help. Here it is:

1: I have a bt voyager 105 adsl usb modem and the drivers doesnt install, does anyone know where to get one for x64?

2: I installed a hard disk (sata) and it doesnt show up in My Computer it does however show in disk management but it doesnt have a drive letter. When I right click I only get the option ''Delete Partition'' I dont want to delete it cause all my account works, database, etc etc.. important files are in there, if I delete it I am totaly screwed. I do have a external hard disk encloser but thats for IDE interface not for sata. Hope you guys can help me, would me mean alot.

Thank you.

Don't know about modem drivers, maybe google will help, but for the sata drive folloe these steps:

right click My Computer --> Manage --> Disk Management --> right click on your drive --> Properties --> Hardware --> click on your sata drive --> Properties --> Volumes --> Populate. Done. After that in Disk Management you can assign a drive letter to it if it didn't already do so. Good Luck!

I suggest you keep the 32 bit version, or you can dual boot. I had problems with x64 XP, and I wasn't too impressed with it either. I had problems with some certain software and driver issues with it. At least Microsoft released a trial before actually purchasing the full program.