ATI X600 PRO PCI-E Card not working on my ASUS A8NVM MotherBoard

I have just purchased ATI X600 pro PCI-E 256 MB card for my system....but it is not working on it!

let me describe what happened when i installed it!

1st...i plugged the moniter cable to the ATI card! startup the system.....but moniter wont show display...but i tried to restart 3-4 times..and 1 time it given me display on the screen! ok ..now i installed new Catalyst Control center ( version 6.4 latest ) and restarted pc....but now..just after boot screen of xp....moniter again turned off automatically...and didnt show display again! and there was something processing on my pc during this time! so i restarted again the pc.....and this time system wont boot! it shown me message that SYSTEM BOOT FAILURE..PRESS CTRL-ALT-DELETE TO RESTART! and when i checked the HDD i saw that ATI DRIVERS CORRUPTED ALL PARTITIONS OF MY HDD!!!! I LOST ALL MY DATA....when i searched for this problem on internet...i saw the reason of this that if we set LARGESYSTEMCACHE value to 1! then it will destroy our harddisk!

2nd.... so i formatted my HDD and installed xp sp2 again...and this time i do all the things which were necessory....updated my bios too...installed .NET framework ( 1st time i did too )...then i installed drivers again for ATI card! ok after installing drivers..it requested to restart my pc....i did it.....but same thing again....after windows boot screen...moniter again turned off automatically! and didnt show me display again!!

what to do now! i have tried all the things that i can !

My configuration :

ASUS A8NVM MotherBoard

Nvidia Geforce 6100 Chipset

Nvidia Nforce Network/Ethernet/Memory Controller ( On board )

2x512 MB DDR 400 RAM

80 GB Samsung SATA HDD

10 GB Samsung ATA IDE HDD

BIOS Updated to 13/01/2006

the card i m installing is

ATI Radeon X600 Pro PCI-E 256 MB!

i'm fairly certain that if you use a nForce SLI motherboard, you can only use nVidia graphics cards, likewise when you use Crossfire SLI motherboard, you can only use ATi graphics cards.

That incompatibility could be causing you these problems

Edited by rendrag

i'm fairly certain that if you use a nForce SLI motherboard, you can only use nVidia graphics cards, likewise when you use Crossfire SLI motherboard, you can only use ATi graphics cards.

That incompatibility could be causing you these problems

I dont know whether to laugh or bang my head and cry on your post!!!

As said, try another driver release - if the newer ones do the same thing go back 3-4 driver versions and see if they work. After all that if the problem still persists then it might be a incompatibilty problem with the particular video card manufacturer and your mobo. I had a similar problem with my Nvidia 7800gtx built by BFG and Asus SLI Premium mobo. I tried a similar card from eVGA and everything was allright!!!