OVERCLOCKING my BFG 7800 GSoc...

SINasTER

Hi all... :hello:

I am in search a a little more juice from my rig and I need help with some OCing! :unsure:

I have a brand spanking new BFG7800GSOC 256Mb GDDR3 AGP and I just hit a wall when I try to overclock it!

Using the nVidia driver 84.43 and the OC utility in it I was able to get:

480mhz core clock!!

1300mhz mem clock!!

Now the problem is that I know that the card can go much higher than this, I talked to somebody that a guy OCed his card up to

500mhz core clock

1400mhz mem clock

But since the guy in question dont know how his friend OCed it Im stuck!

If I try to push it further the nVidia utility doesnt pass the test and immediately returns to the old setings...

Now... Should I try jacking up the AGP frequency or voltage to be able to go further with the OCing of my BFG or Im am stuck there?? :(:unsure:

Same thing with CPU and RAM but got a pretty good OC on those so Im satisfied (for the moment ;) )

PLEASE SHOW ME THE PATH!!!

Edited by SINasTER

a little emphasis:

not all hardware overclocks the same!!!!!!!

i could get my cpu to 4ghz and thatl mean squat for yours.

Exactly, perhaps you already reached your card's limits. Pushing it further could damage your brand new very nice videocard. Be carefull!

The core looks to be about right, but for the memory, I think the other person might have had an aftermarket heatsink that's more effective, so he is able to achieve a higher OC that is stable.

The core looks to be about right, but for the memory, I think the other person might have had an aftermarket heatsink that's more effective, so he is able to achieve a higher OC that is stable.

Yeah, in terms of the CORE OC I got I'm really satisfied with it, it was just on the VRAM that I was disapointed... Hell, I'll see what I can do and if I fry it, well... I got a nice little waranty that covers it :thumbup

:lol: