[solved] Network drive @T-12

Anyone knows how to connect to network during install?

@T39, I think it's not possible as network drivers are not loaded yet.

@RunOnceEX, I have no problem to do that, but I'd like to do it at T12.

So far, when I use 'net use' at T12, computer says that workstation service is not loaded, while 'net start' says it is :wacko: .

'ping' does ping my server, but that's the maximum I could squeeze out of the network at this time of the install :unsure: .

What am I missing to make it run properly so I could download progs at this time? :(

To whom it may help to help me, the 'network' I'm talking about is so far one of the simplest implementation of this concept: Two XP home PCs linked by a crossed cable. Intel pro/100 adapters or so, no specific Network settings nor services loaded, drivers loaded correctly, Files 'server' getting its address by dhcp (and so the 'client' as it is the default setting for a newly installing windows).

Net Use does not work, even after waiting for the computer to get its address from dhcp.

???? ?? ???? ??, ???'? ???? ??!

[Edit] found the solution just a few threads above thanks to forum member std73 bumping it up.

[Edit 2] It does work, but then I bumped into another error:

My usual NET USE command, working very fine in other situations would not work, NET issuing a 1312 system error:

NET USE Z: \\Dje\install /user:monica mmlmlm /persistent:no

while using 'NET USE Z: \\Dje\install /user:monica' from a CMD prompt @T12 would just ask for the pwd and work perfectly :wacko: .

Googling did not bring too much relevant things, except for a Win2K sp2 related KB article showing the same symptoms with a different error #.

Hopefully, the proposed solution worked too: Use a dummy Domain Name together with the user name :w00t:

NET USE Z: \\Dje\install /user:whitehouse\monica mmlmlm /persistent:no

Testing was done with 2 XP home boxes. I'm not sure if this last problem exists also in XP pro.

[Edit 3] repaired the 'persistent' switch, thanks to Sonic (post #3)

Edited by Djé

What mean "/no" ? you want to say /persistent:no instead isn't it ?
Yes. I've seen it used that way and suspected it worked (although I can't confirm it). i f you can infirm it, please do.

At least, in the same way '/d' work fine in lieu of '/delete'.

Can't the fix be done as an addon, or even better from the update pack ?

Well, never better served than by oneself :rolleyes:, so here it is:

* An AddOn to be used by English-Systems users. Others cannot use it if their hive files are in Unicode and not in ANSI: the current version of the RVM Integrator supports Unicode only for a limited set of files but not these.

- I don't know if it works with nLite, I don't use it and don't know how it handle this.

* So for the others, I've put together an AutoIt script to do the job AFTER using the Integrator (it has to be in the same folder): It will look for the location of the file in the integrator.ini and patch it (converting it to ANSI before).

- I recommand to compile it using one of the last AutoIt beta version.

Q314543.au3

ADDON_NET_USE_T12.CAB