[Help] How to keep the alarm clock in focus?

Synomenon

I'm using the alarm clock program that came with Microsoft's Plus! SuperPack. I have it set so that when I press the spacebar key, it snoozes. However, the problem is when the alarm goes off, pressing the spacebar key does nothing because the alarm popup is not in focus. I have to click on the alarm popup, then press the spacebar to activate snooze. Anyone know how to make the alarm pop stay in focus so I won't have to click on the alarm popup to be able to press the spacebar to activate snooze?

I have the old plus, so it doesn't have the alarm clock feature. :shrug:

Have you tried just using alt+tab to bring it into focus?

Well, the idea is that, when the alarm first rings, I'm still in bed and all I have to do is hit the spacebar key (my Media Center Remote has a key on the keypad that emulates the keyboard's spacebar) on my Media Center Remote to activate the 10 minute snooze. Getting up to click on the snooze selection in the alarm popup is what I'm trying to avoid here. Also, getting up and hitting alt+tab would make no sense since I'd be at my keyboard to do that when all I have to do at that point is click on the snooze selection in the alarm popup (which is what I'm trying to avoid here).

Yah, I have a suggestion-- Get out of bed you lazy! :hello:

Joking aside, maybe you could use an autoit script.

EDIT: Maybe you can setup a hotkey to launch the autoit script from your remote. The autoit script could activate the alarm window and send the spacebar to it, then exit. That way you wouldn't have to have the script running all the time. Everytime the alarm goes off, just execute the script via remote.

Edited by ODC

Hehe, I like to give myself a grace period of 10 minutes. :P

Anyway, what is an autoit script, how do I make it and how would I program it to the remote? The remote can only learn codes from other remotes.

Autoit scripts can do things like send keystrokes to your applications. You want to send the spacebar to your alarm application that is in the background. Autoit can activate the background application, then send the spacebar to it. Find out all about it at http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/

Well, right now you are using your remote to send the spacebar key. Is there a way to send a different key? Specifically, we need to send CTRL-ALT-A (or any other alphanumeric key).

The title of the main program (found in the top left of its window) is:

Plus! Alarm Clock

The title in the little popup window that shows when the alarm goes off is:

Plus! Alarm Clock

The "Image Name" in the task manager's list of processes is:

AlarmClock.exe

Edited by IsLNdbOi

The MCE remote can only learn one key on its programmable button.

I think you need to either use autoit or find another alarm clock program.

I read the instructions or FAQ for autoit and it looks like you have to be a programmer to write these scripts for it. I'm no programmer.

What is the title of the alarm clock window?

Why did you need to know the title of the window?