Delete files on Internet Options

koulis13

Hello, I am experiencing problems with internet explorer and I would like your advice and your help.

When I am going to internet options and under temporary files pressing delete files, starts to delete everything. First of all deletes all the files on the downloaded program files (like authorware, shockwave, flash etc). But the worst is that changes the customization of internet and explorer toolbars to the initial conditions. I observed that rundll32.exe does all that. To be more precise, Run A Dll As An App ask if I want to delete all the files and has the option of yes or cancel. For both options the result is the same, deletes everything. The result is everytime I have to recustomize my toolbars and to redownload all the program files (flash, google toolbar etc).

Any ideas why this is happening and any suggestions who to resolve this problem?

Thanx in advance.

Your IE settings can be found in the registry (click run--->type "regedit"), so you can export these settings to a .reg file and merge them into the registy later if you lose them. But I have no idea why, or even how, Inernet Explorer could possibly be deleting your programs--unless you have a spyware scanner like AdAware, SpyBot, or Hijack This deleting them.

The funny thing is not that deletes files and programs, but changes the customization of the the toolbars. Strange, isn't it? I have called microsoft regarding this matter but without sucess. They told me that they have no idea. I think that is a registry problem. Also something wrong must be with the rundll32.exe, because it is ressponsible for all these. Can I delete it or it is needed by windows to run?

Yes, I run AdAware several times. Found nothing. I am trying to understand why this is happening. It is very strange. I talked again to microsoft about this matter. they are sending me from one department to enather, fron window to ie etc.