Question: Pay for AutoIt?

Well I've heard enough, scripts will not be for sale, and will not be posted or shared.

Yzöwl -

hmm I get a threat that my scripts would be removed and thus I remove them my self and you spin that to your own needs...hmm

Those scripts where done for me...not any one else...period...doesn't matter if I felt like sharing them or not.

Scuba -

How did I make any assumptions you stated above you do not use AutoIt then here you state other wise.

Any ways discussion is over.

Nologic, I can only comment upon what I know, that is:

Well they won't have to do that for my scripts since I have already removed them...or at least the bulk of them.
You said nothing other than that, if I got the wrong impression, then that is down to a lack of provided information by yourself, not through my own failure.

This is only an impression from what I have read, but it appears that you feel that the Forum has wronged you in some way. Arguing with it's members and removing your scripts is going to fix that, but if it makes you feel better then go ahead.

I have given my opinion, I too have posted hundreads of scripts here, mostly batch files, though vbscripts and inf files too, some even to order. I do understand how it can make you feel when people seem only to take, and never give. It also can at times seem worse due to the fact that we are an international forum, and different cultures and languages can also come accross to others in different ways. At the end of the day, I post here only if I want to, not because I was asked and not because I feel I need to.

I usually try to use my scripts to aid others learning, and obviously to help either maintain or further my own learning and enthusiasm; this for me is payment enough.

I have no argument with yourself or in fact your idea of financial payment as reward for your work. I do feel however, that the forum is not the place to market it unless you can provide some facts to help us understand the whys and hows.

You are incorrect, I should not be expected to defend my self from an unknown attack. You made the statement based off no facts...if any thing the context of the thread should have left you with the feeling that I did in fact have scripts posted some where till such point that I removed them...which again under the context of the discussion should lead one to believe that it happened upon a threat made.

Your spinning this yet again. I asked a question pure and simple, looking only for a simple reply...which I didn't get...instead I got people issuing threats, and badgering me about stuff that frankly isn't even dirrectly in context with the subject at hand...which is if people would pay...and if so..how much for what...not very difficult eh?

Sitting here looking for approvel or giving information away to help others by pass paying is out of context, and by all means frankly wrong.

Taking and giving of my files and my feelings about it is not what the context of the original discussion was on.

Frankly if I had gotten simple feedback that I couldn't make money off selling the script I would have left them be and still helped around the forum. That how ever is not how things have gone...so scripts will not be making a come back..nor will I be helping any more around this forum as you and others have outlined those that make the bulk of its populance are scum.

Any ways I'm not going to sit here and discuss warm hearted banter about helping people...since I now after this discussion no longer view it as warm hearted...simply now just being played by cheap scum.

You are incorrect
Opinion is never incorrect, misguided or mistaken possibly, but never incorrect.
You made the statement based off no facts...
Yes
if I got the wrong impression, then that is down to a lack of provided information by yourself
I asked a question pure and simple, looking only for a simple reply...which I didn't get...
What was this?
Very few here will pay anything for any of your scripts!
Sitting here looking for approvel or giving information away to help others by pass paying is out of context, and by all means frankly wrong.
You are really under-estimating the resolve of thieves if you think that my statements have in any way given them an idea, they never would have thought of.
Taking and giving of my files and my feelings about it is not what the context of the original discussion was on.
What then is the context of the original discussion, if not about taking, giving or your feelings on remuneration for such things.
Frankly if I had gotten simple feedback that I couldn't make money off selling the script I would have left them be and still helped around the forum.
I think I did!
I'm not saying that your effort shouldn't be rewarded, simply that everyone seems to want everything for nothing.
That how ever is not how things have gone...so scripts will not be making a come back..nor will I be helping any more around this forum as you and others have outlined those that make the bulk of its populance are scum.

Any ways I'm not going to sit here and discuss warm hearted banter about helping people...since I now after this discussion no longer view it as warm hearted...simply now just being played by cheap scum.

In life people have different opinions and even disagree. Some people on this forum may have been, quite willing to pay for your scripts, and you decided in advance to prevent that by calling the bulk of the people reading this thread scum.

Francesco -

That may have been an idea prior, but at this point...things are done and over.

Yzöwl -

Yes I called them scum, and still will from this point on, you and Scuba have made that perfectly clear that, those are the type of people that make up this forum.

Really what does it matter what I call any one...I've already stated there will be no sale, there will be no sharing...there will be nothing. So why would I now need to kiss any a** or be nice about any thing?

Spin things how you want...its of little concern to me, at this point.

Comment removed. I was out of line and being grumpy. I am sorry nologic. It would be nice if we could all get some kind of compenstaion for the work we do instead of just being leeched off of the whole time.

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

OK you are right. some of the other people here are being childish you are just thinking of getting proper compensation for your work and a dollar a script isn't really all that bad. As for the honor system I think you would fare better asking for donations and taking special requests. With the honor system you probably find that nearly no-one is going to pay you. I am sorry for my earlier comments.

Its either ..you help people and share your stuff , or you dont.

There are alot of them here who do.

So i dont think there is a need for payed stuff here.

But maybe you can start your own comunity , or site?

Edited by muiz

Exactly who the hell you think you are? Your not xper or any mod here...yet you seem to act like your the s*** here, and have some real say over what happens here and what doesn't.

I've seen your AutoIt scripts, and there is a world of a diff between what you write and what I write...or should I say what I write and what some generater does.

hmm it seems to me that the bulk of the quality stuff here is produced by people looking to get some sort of return.

Any ways have fun playing with your script makers.

Well judging by what happened to xplode in the past its safe to say that asking for money for things posted on these boards isnt acceptable.

Why dont you go and setup a site where you can force ppl into paying $1 for a silly little script of yours.

I think this thread is pretty much over now, Nologic doesnt like the answers given and so resorts to childish insults.

hmm nLite, Driver Packs, are a few big ones that ask for money...they are still here so I would say its safe to ask for money here.

Always spinning things eh...I don't recall ever stating I would be forcing any one, nor did I ever state I would be asking for money here. I simply asked if people would pay and if so how much for what.

Nah its not really over at this point if any thing hopefully this thread will make others think twice about contributing here.