Powerdvd v7.x Silent Install

GoRo

Hi benners, I have never used it, can you give me a hint where\what and how to ?

What program do I use ?

Sure, no problem.

Like most installers the Installshield ones can be run with various switches, there is a list of switches here. To run the PowerDVD installer you can use

setup.exe -s -f2C:\powerdvd.log

providing the iss file is in the same dir as the setup.exe, you have to specify the location of the log file if the installer is running from a CD\DVD as it is written to the same directory as the installer, so it will fail as it cannot be created on the CD\DVD.

If you don't want to use the iss method you can also try editing the custom.ini file in the main dir and add the Silent=1

[PowerDVD Ultra]
DX9=1
Silent=1

this will run the installer and only show a cancel dialog for a few seconds as the files extract, to stop the readme file opening delete the readme folder in the version of PowerDVD that gets installed on your machine, mine is PDVDBD, I have tried this and it works for me.

• 2 weeks later...

hi, i am a newbie, i speak spanish, but i trying explain :), i read the forum and this thread, i follow all stuff here of Sanjay for install the powerdvd, but i have a problem, this installing ok, but in the moment enter the serial automatically dont hapend nothing, i open powerdvd and this request re-enter the serial, what i do make wrong?

the powerdvd installing is "powerdvd V7.2 Ultra"

The serial should be in the powerdvd.sim file as you can install without a serial/separate reg file however future patches might stuff up if no serial is found in the registry. If so I add the CDKey reg file after installation from the comments section in the winrar self extract just in case. So if you've got both the the CORRECT registered sims in the PDVDBD and PDVDHD folders you should be right, or try copying them again to the installation directory after installation in the comments section in winrar.

My winrar comments section:

Setup=Setup.exe

Setup=REGEDIT /s pdvd7.reg

TempMode

Silent=1

Overwrite=1

Title=Cyberlink PowerDVD Deluxe 7.2.2414.0

pdvd7.reg

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CyberLink\PowerDVD]

"CDKey"="xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx"

"UI_RMK"="xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx"

"UI_PMK"="xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx"

Also if no-ones noticed yet you can add a custom install path and start menu path in the custom.ini file in the main setup directory eg:

DX9=1

Silent=1

InstallPath=C:\program files\Multimedia\PowerDVD

FolderName=Multimedia\Cyberlink PowerDVD

noRunReg=1

GoogleToolbar=0

Unfortunately this forces the install location to c: so it's not really universal like %systemdrive% etc. If anyone's got any tips to make it so that'd be great.

Edited by Tasslehoff

• 4 weeks later...

there is another way to get PowerDVD HD version installed by editing Setup.inx here you go :thumbup

MANUAL WAY

If you want to install the HD-DVD setup by default, modify the "setup.inx" file in the top directory.

For the PowerDVD Ultra 7.2 Multilingual, this file is 188KB dated 12/18/2006.

At hex offset 0000A47A. change the byte "42" to "48".

Setup.rar

Edited by --=ddSHADOW=--

• 3 weeks later...
1. unpack the powerdvdtrial.exe

2.add the powerdvd.sim file from the install directory to the folder where you extracted the files

3. edit the cutom ini attached to this post by adding your serial instead of the ***

4. run it through nlite addon maker to make the cab

Just to complete yr procedure although yr custom.ini is correct, you did'nt mention to add

silent=1

Regards

coucou

ok and save it as *.cab

wot pray tell iz * ???

data2.cab or data1.cab

i'm nood @ this & a little confused

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
but pdvd 7.3 also removes al shortcuts from menu start, bug? or im doing something wrong.

Customizing the InstallPath and Foldername location doesn't work in 7.3 if you were using my 7.2 custom.ini config and they'll only break the non-folder shortcuts which is a nuisance. Otherwise you're doing something wrong.

Also adding this line to the pdvd7.reg file stops the registration dialog box ever popping up, well it hasn't yet.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CyberLink\Common\EvoParser\PowerDVD\7.00]

"AutoCheckPeriod"=hex:ff,00,00,00

Edited by Tasslehoff

but pdvd 7.3 also removes al shortcuts from menu start, bug? or im doing something wrong.

Customizing the InstallPath and Foldername location doesn't work in 7.3 if you were using my 7.2 custom.ini config and they'll only break the non-folder shortcuts which is a nuisance. Otherwise you're doing something wrong.

Also adding this line to the pdvd7.reg file stops the registration dialog box ever popping up, well it hasn't yet.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CyberLink\Common\EvoParser\PowerDVD\7.00]

"AutoCheckPeriod"=hex:ff,00,00,00

It was a problem with vista, already fixed now

• 3 weeks later...

It's not a Vista bug!

PowerDVD 7.3 Ultra installs and removes all icons from Start Menu under XP SP2 too but only if was installed from read-only location (tested from HDD too with and without read-only attributes).

Also 7.3 has a lot of troubles with registration...

Edited by Marsianin