Powerdvd v7.x Silent Install

GoRo

im just testing this now but it seems to work in the custom ini you have a line

web url=http://activation.gocyberlink.com/english/activation/active.jsp?

well i deleted the web url and just left web url=

and it doesnt seem to come up :D

ok i opened and closed power dvd about 20 times and it hasnt come up so i have replaced the custom ini on my first post to include this :D

Ok, I have read in other forums that Powerdvd 7 when you put in the serial it keeps on telling you that it is still a trail, I want to buy the package but if there is still bugs I will rather wait till a later version or fix has been released. :unsure:

i dont know where you are reading this but they are wrong my clarly states it is power dvd deluxe and if you click on activate it tells you that you are running power dvd deluxe but you can add another serial as they have addon packs :D

I have an older computer and DirectX 9.0 won't install on it. I used this method on PowerDVD 4.0 and it also worked fine. PowerDVD 5.0 seems to be the last version that doesn't require DirectX 9.0. But on PowerDVD 5.0, during the installation, it has a pop box that just says something about a couple new features. One is about viewing itin a zoom type fashion to fill the screen and the other is something about stretching the picture a certain way. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone knows how to skip past this? I would assume it would be a line that goes in the custom.ini file. I compared the custom.ini file posted earlier in this topic to my registry entries. They matched up perfectly.

Any ideas or can I not stop the pop box.

is this what your powerdvd custom ini looked like

[PowerDVD]

Vender=CYBERLINK

DSAuRen=1

RCDRule=1

UIUseHVA=0

XResume=1

CHK_STCBYPTS=1

UIMediaDiscPlay=1

PseudoStop=3

AU_REMOVE_IFCAPS=1

UIClrCtrl_CurSel=2

VCD_Track=1

VCD_Segment=3

VCD_ErrSkip=200

NoMonSleep=1

OffMenuShadow=1

SetL21Rect=1

OLREG=0

Deluxe=1

as i just downloaded 5 and that what it looks like

and the web url doesnt exist in it

but there is a text document called ipower with a web url in it maybe you need to edit that instead

Edited by teapleasebob

I have now tried your suggested Custom.ini. It didn't help. I even merged it with the original one posted near the beginning of this thread. Still keep getting the pop box. And I downloaded PowerDVD 5 from other sources, hoping to get a different build in which the pop box doesn't exist. No such luck. I don't think there is any way to get rid of it. It isn't a box asking a question. It is just box letting you know about a copule new features. I screen captured the box, in case anyone is interested:

powerdvd.jpg

Thanks, teapleasebob, for your suggestions. It gave me a something to do, trying to figure it out for a little while. I guess I can live with PowerDVD 4.0. It's not bad at all, anyways. Heck, I've been known to watch DVDs through DVD Shrink (right click preview screen and go to full screen).

Thanks again for the suggestions...

if you have powerdvd installed and one of the addon packs check the reg thats how i found the other one :D

yeh i checked power dvd 5 and it seemed to be one build and a lot of patches so it would be a pain in the arse to do