[MISC] Solution for network.

Hi, Bros.

Got a questions to ask about networking, i got 2 departments which both department dun't want to share the files or view each others department files, but both want to share the same internet conection. i got 2 department n a router, so how shall i config these? which both department do not want to see or write each other files but they want to share same the internet connection?. can some out there give me some sugguestion, method or pointers? ? thanks in advance. :D

Edit:

Forum title edited. Please follow the rules.

He wants file sharing and printer sharing on the seperate divisions though I think.

What you should do is configure the router with 2 subnets, one for each department. Configure the subs to allow file/printer sharing amongst themselves and all traffic will pass through the main router.

as ctwizzy says, stick a router in the middle and put the 2 networks on different subnets, or if you want both departments to share a single server, then make it a multihomed server by installing multiple NIC's and do the same thing with the subnetting (different ip range on each NIC)