Error messages

Hi all

I'm pretty new to WPI and using light version 1.2. Most programs run just fine thanks to all your tips in the forum. However, I have two error messages popping up. One saying "a script is slowing down Internet Explorer. Do you want to stop running the script? Yes, No"

The other one is the known popup from XP SP2 "Run" the application. But why does it come only for about 5% of all apps? Is there a key to turn this off or make it silent?

Thanks for any clue to the two problems.

Congratulations to the programmers - cool tool!!!

Wonz

"a script is slowing down Internet Explorer. Do you want to stop running the script? Yes, No"

Hi,

that looks like a message from spybot resident, this prog checks running processes, and the mshta uses up a lot resources running :)

Thats why there is the reg file that WPI.cmd runs before the installation process. The reg file takes care of both errors and the regtweak is reset after WPI is done running. You must have ran WPI.hta to begin your install or deleted the reg section from WPI.cmd.

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

Thanks mate

that was it. Thought I would not need it . But of course the programmers do these little things with something in mind. Sorry for bothering you.

• 3 weeks later...
Thats why there is the reg file that WPI.cmd runs before the installation process. The reg file takes care of both errors and the regtweak is reset after WPI is done running. You must have ran WPI.hta to begin your install or deleted the reg section from WPI.cmd.

I am calling the WPI.cmd file and I did not change anything in the file but I still get the script error. What can I do to make sure it does not pop up?