Viewing ASP files.. HELP

Right, so i got meh some asp files that i need to test, so first i copied em on meh server and when i tried to visit em they show as downloads, when i acces em a dl prompt comes up so im like wtf and copy em to my server im paying for (ehostfags) and it does the exact same thing, anyone know why? I let my friend try it on payed server and works but gives bunch of error but alteast it loads so must be sumthin with my IE..

Any suggestions?

TIA

if its asking for a download, it means ASP isn't supported on the Server. Does the host support ASP, or have you enabled it on the Host control panel if there is one?

that usually happenes when the server doesnt support ASP, but i assume you know that and wouldnt do that, so thats really strange, if you want to i can try it on my server (supports everithing for sure :) ).

edit

Aaron, you really fast... :rolleyes:

You need to figure out which server your Provider uses and if it has support for asp. If they use iis then this function is already built into the server..,but if not you will need to find a support engine, eg chileasp!

Sunil..

ps. the server gives the text portion of the asp file so it could be they have the mime setup wrong..

Here's the url, can one of u guys try it if it works?

it gives file download.

i downloaded and it opens the whole ASP code.

so im quet sure that the problem is ASP support on the server.

you need a server that suports ASP ........................

edit

i put the file on my local IIS and it works fine(except for errors, but thats because some files missing...)