What compression software do you use?

Mikep7779

TugZip

Features Overview

Supports ZIP, 7-ZIP, A, ACE, ARC, ARJ, BH, BZ2, CAB, CPIO, DEB, GCA, GZ, IMP, JAR, LHA (LZH), LIB, RAR, RPM, SQX, TAR, TGZ, TBZ, TAZ, YZ1 and ZOO archives.

Supports BIN, C2D, IMG, ISO and NRG disc-images.

Support for external plugins.

Windows® shell integration, e.g. drag & drop, shell context menu and drop handlers.

Create 7-ZIP, BH, BZ2, CAB, JAR, LHA (LZH), SQX, TAR, TGZ, YZ1 and ZIP archives.

Script support which allows you to make automated backups.

Basic features like: add, extract, delete, rename, run, view, checkout, install, test, comment, SFX, virus-scanning, disk-spanning and much more.

Repair corrupted ZIP and SQX archives.

Can extract multiple archives at once using Multi Extract.

Encrypt archives using 6 different algorithms. Blowfish (128-bit), DES (56-bit), Triple DES (168-bit) and Rijndael (128-bit, 192-bit and 256-bit).

Create self-extracting encrypted archives.

Automatic updates using the "Web Update" function.

wow scubasteve, that's a sweet program. i really wasn't expecting to learn anything when i saw this thread.

i can't believe i've never heard of tugzip. my windows cd just got a new addition.

props scubasteve, you always seem to know what's up

What compression software do you use? i use RAR and 7-zip but they dont do .cabs. Any suggestions?

What do you mean? 7-Zip doesn't do cabs? The latest version can open it up just fine, or are you saying that it doesn't create cabs?

What do you mean? 7-Zip doesn't do cabs? The latest version can open it up just fine, or are you saying that it doesn't create cabs?

simply they couldn't do a .cab archive, i search over site and find that zipgenius was good, but i has poor compability to make archive.

TugZip still best for me

btw there is and free archiever soft called "kgb archiever" that can compress more tight than ever it can compress 700mb cd into 7mb or even less, but you need a speed pc to done that (and extract that)

some warez site use this archiever soft to distribute Windows iso and Office iso