bug with calculator and XPize 4.3 mce LITE

lemming350

I have been getting "illegal relocation of system DLL" error msg with XPIZE43LITE. The message said the error was in USER32.DLL and SHELL32.DLL, so I investigated both DLLs and tracked the error down to SHELL32.DLL. This error is not happening with XPize with 128x128 icon support, only with 48x48 icons in it. This error is not happening because of a "10 MB dll limit" like the FAQ states (SHELL32.DLL is only 10,240,000 bytes, anyway) or because an Asain language is installed. I am using a clean install of Windows XP Pro w/ SP1a (english). SHELL32.DLL may be patched wrong because I have tried clean installs with other shellpacks and SHELL32.DLL does not have any errors in it. To reproduce error, I use clean SHELL32.DLL patched with XPIZE43LITE and run calculator. Calculator not running is no big deal for me but with a DLL error like this I am afreaid there may be memory problems that will lead to system stability issues when using XPIZE43

There also seems to be something wrong with your calculator. 10,240,000 B is not 10 MB, it is 10,000 kB however. Also there is no limit to the size of shell32.dll, your pc could only become slower when it's too big.

Your case is strange, nobody but you seems to have this problem. I don't know if someone already tested XPize 4.3 on Windows XP SP1. Why do you install XPize before you install the service packs and updates?