[HELP] How can i get .reg to .exe?

Mikep7779

I'm not sure what you are trying to do. If you run .reg file, it will execute the changes within it.

The short answer is yes, you can create an .exe that does registry changes and that can include your entire registry. However this involves programming that if you knew how to do, you would already have the answer.

Edited by snafumaster

I havent used .cab methods myself so I cant say what to do with them, but all i can say is that the method i mention is one way to "turn" a .reg into a .exe

[it actually just wraps it as a self-extracting .exe and you set the command in the process to import the reg file - regedit /s nameofreg.reg - for example, but its slightly long winded for what u want to do]

Regards

Nath

i think you were missing what I'm saying - but there are programs out there yes.

try googling for stuff like bat2exe or cmd2exe which will convert a batch file to a exe.

You might be able to find something similar for reg files too perhaps.

Incidentally, i was taking about using this [http://greenmachine.msfnhosting.com/IEXPRESS/iexmdac.htm] for your reg files and follow the same process, except use the command [or something similar] that i mentioned in a previous post.

Regards

Nath.